IGNORED

Jorge & Sons Moving?

BHC

14 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

There are butchers that batch grind so your not getting your meat in that aspect.. also with jerkey and specialty meats..  but not all butchers operate like that..  you really don't need a whole lot of equipment.   I started doing it myself with just knives.   I did have a lot of stew meat than edith no ability to grind..  place to hang I use an old swing set or a tree in my yard

I worked as a butcher in my 20s so I know the business. Yes you can do it and you can do it well but with limitations because you don't have the equipment and/or facility. For example the vac pack machines most people have does not compare to what my butcher uses.
Anyway that's great you do your own, I get ambitious sometimes and do 1 or 2 but it takes too much time for me. You say 4 hrs and maybe more to skin. After all day in the woods it is nice just to drop it off and forget it. That's me, everyone is different.

You should know your butcher and how he operates. I now use one who grinds individually but I used one in Warren county who batch grinded and his ground meat was much better. It was not a problem form me.

Edited by Lunatic

So what are our best options for Sussex and Northern Warren county now besides "DIY".   I can DIY and have done plenty but I prefer walk in chillers and someone to package.   Jimmy Young in Blairstown?  Used him once - don't' recall if there is a chiller there?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 minute ago, Joeybeets said:

Someone that does quality work and ran a clean shop would definatly have success up in the Sussex county area. Anyone know what he is asking for the whole ball of wax. Or is he taking all the equipment with him??

Jay said he is taking equipment with him which suggests he is going to do the same down south. Not sure how cost-effective it is to move a giant walk in chiller and equal size walk in freezer though?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

5 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

So what are our best options for Sussex and Northern Warren county now besides "DIY".   I can DIY and have done plenty but I prefer walk in chillers and someone to package.   Jimmy Young in Blairstown?  Used him once - don't' recall if there is a chiller there?

Frank's Processing in Montague off of 206. He has a big walk in cooler. Loves his Teriyaki deer sticks..

On 7/22/2018 at 8:02 AM, Livesintrees said:

George the butcher. If you are on here, have someone buy the shop for you and then buy it from them lol. I haven’t gone to this place yet, but when I moved here that was my plan. Now where?

lives in trees I'm on here not that much but I am on here I remember you well and enjoyed bullshiting with you in my garage I can't put my finger on your name but my memory tells me you were in electrician I called him the minute he posted that that he was moving to South Carolina and in the back of my head I even thought about it for a minute for all the guys that don't know when I was working at ShopRite and butchering deer it was some of the happiest times of my life hard work absolutely but roughly 3 years ago my parents retired and me and my brother took over their business then we're doing quite well and like Jersey J if I got back into butchering hunting would be non-existent tuna fishing season would definitely be cut short for me to move up to Sussex I would definitely have to sell my home in Kearny and that would be a solid hour and 20-minute ride that's not something I'm looking to do while running businesses in Kearny the only way I could even consider getting back into the deer thing would be in Kearny or surrounding towns and the amount of anti that there are around here with jobs they give them the opportunity to be in ties and make my life impossible it's not worth the squeeze I just did it in Kearny for 2 years the business blew up to 500 year by my second season something that I was quite proud of pretty sure I'd be doing well over a thousand by now had I remained open I moved the shop to Newark and that was a bust I bought a commercial storefront in Lyndhurst zone for butcher shop but the construction official a dick head by the name of sidonis thinks he finds himself in the unique situation where he could not let a legitimate butcher shop open up because we cater to Hunters

On 7/22/2018 at 1:33 PM, Joeybeets said:

Someone that does quality work and ran a clean shop would definatly have success up in the Sussex county area. Anyone know what he is asking for the whole ball of wax. Or is he taking all the equipment with him??

575000 might leave coolers everything else goes