IGNORED

Knee replacement

Chefhunter

12 minutes ago, BCsaw said:

The same orthopaedic specialty Dr's will be at the Surgical center. You shouldn't be calling 911 if the Dr. is present.

I had a surgery at surgery center and it was a great experience. Besides your ortho, there is also anesthesiologist there as well. Too many people end up with staph infections in hospitals.  

On 7/13/2018 at 6:00 AM, Rusty said:

Very true.  I know people that were out and about almost immediately.  Do what you can to get in shape before the surgery, the more fit you are the quicker the recovery.  

What Rusty said is extremely important. The better shape you are in the better the results.

Best wishes

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

I believe it is all about the Dr. and every patient is different. I had both done in Morristown Mem. 4 years ago today. I was super lucky, did what  I was told and had very little pain. The other 4 guys I was in with, couldn't believe that I could do what I was doing. I bought a motorized recliner before surgery and had to sleep in it for 4-6 weeks, needed my legs elevated to eliminate lower leg pain (not knee pain) to sleep , guess it was a nerve issue. It was the best thing I ever did, but I could hardly walk with my left knee giving me unbelievable pain, Dr said it was one of the 5 worst knees he ever saw.    Good luck

On 7/12/2018 at 9:15 AM, tjfslaughter said:

I will have to do my RT knee eventually, already did the meniscus twice and ACL.  I would push it off till January if you could. 

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT HAVE SURGERY AT A SURGERY CENTER ONLY A HOSPITAL.  

The reason I say this if you have any reaction to the surgery they actually call 911 for an ambulance instead of a Dr. running directly to you.   My wife works in malpractice insurance trust me on this, many people die waiting for an ambulance.

Very wise advise I had Quadruple Bypass 36 years ago and have a Stress test Nuclear and with contrast on a Treadmill.  Every 2 -4 years and the Cardiologist always asks where I want it done in Their Facility or Hospital my answer always is the hospital. Any reactions to it I am already in the hospital in The Cardiac Unit.  Some surgeries don't require Hospitals today.  Anything with general Anesthesia ( Hospital )  But for some, it is whats covered insurance wise.  Also, The Rehab. is in the Same hospital can be important Centra State is My First choice for 40 years. and Boy has it Improved from its early years.   Think of it I only have 9 Doctors That all practice there. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

5 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Very wise advise I had Quadruple Bypass 36 years ago and have a Stress test Nuclear and with contrast on a Treadmill.  Every 2 -4 years and the Cardiologist always asks where I want it done in Their Facility or Hospital my answer always is the hospital. Any reactions to it I am already in the hospital in The Cardiac Unit.  Some surgeries don't require Hospitals today.  Anything with general Anesthesia ( Hospital )  But for some, it is whats covered insurance wise.  Also, The Rehab. is in the Same hospital can be important Centra State is My First choice for 40 years. and Boy has it Improved from its early years.   Think of it I only have 9 Doctors That all practice there. 

Why don't we just equate  quadruple bypass to cyst removal procedure:shock::happywave:

Had my left knee done twice now. The key to recovery is to understand that even though you may feel good, your knee is still weak. I was able to walk almost normally with confidence in 3-4 weeks. You just need to be very careful. It is a 6-7 month full term recovery with your knee not being “itself” for about 18 months. As long as you are mindful of that, take your time walking, and enlist help to drag anything you shoot you should be able to hunt by the end of November provided there is no snow.

5 hours ago, Pqreturn62 said:

Had my left knee done twice now. The key to recovery is to understand that even though you may feel good, your knee is still weak. I was able to walk almost normally with confidence in 3-4 weeks. You just need to be very careful. It is a 6-7 month full term recovery with your knee not being “itself” for about 18 months. As long as you are mindful of that, take your time walking, and enlist help to drag anything you shoot you should be able to hunt by the end of November provided there is no snow.

What do you mean "twice"? Even though I tell people it was a piece of cake and had both done at the same time, I don't really want to do it again!

The same orthopaedic specialty Dr's will be at the Surgical center. You shouldn't be calling 911 if the Dr. is present.

My wife is a medical malpractice attorney and a damn good one at that. Both her parents are very successful doctors. All three of them do not believe in taking the risk of having surgery done at a surgery center. It’s your choice but if you go into cardiac arrest at a surgery center they do dial 911 for an ambulance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with the surgery. My next door neighbor had both done a few years ago. He was doing therapy daily then woke up one morning and could not move his legs (this was several weeks after surgery). It took him about 6 months to recover be able to walk again. Supposedly it happens in about 5% of people who had the knee surgery he had. Not trying to scare you, just give you some info I was surprised to find out about. He said if he knew before the surgery he may not have done it and just dealt with the discomfort. I hope you have a nice buck fall to an arrow before surgery and you have a speedy recovery. Don't count out winter bow. Stay positive.

All the best for a positive outcome. The older you get the tougher it is. Do what you are told and you should be okay. Therapy is the hardest part for a lot of people and those who cut it short usually have problems. Take the pain they say.

6 hours ago, Jerzguy2 said:

What do you mean "twice"? Even though I tell people it was a piece of cake and had both done at the same time, I don't really want to do it again!

I had a complete replacement done to my left knee, then 2 years later I micro fractured my tibia and the same knee slipped and blew up again. Had to have it redone a second time.