IGNORED

Turkey Defys Science & Turkey One OH Ome

1957Buck

Just to Cap, the Ending everything was going well. all the chicks were with her til Dark than she Nested on my front lawn in the open with all the chicks nestled under her. Looked out about midnight and all was still well. When I woke up and looked out she was pacing back and forth Calling as the Video shows.                                                   My theories Not a Hawk or Owl. to take all 8. not a Cat Live to Hunt again the numbers. A Yote would have left a mess maybe capable of taking all 8 all at once highly unlikely without leaving any trace.  A lot of passing people saw us out by the chicks that Afternoon and evening.   The Neighborhood and Township are full of New Yorkers who hate any wildlife from Geese - Deer and The many turkeys roaming around.   NJFAW have been in town from calls from these AH  to trap and Dispose of the Turkeys they Destroyed Nests to live trapping And I cannot see them showing up that fast to get the chicks.   Someone had to Scare her off of them and gather them up. in the street leaving no tracks on the lawn.    My Conclusion being like some years ago when a nest of eggs almost in the same place they took the eggs and could not Catch the Mother leaving her tail feathers  I have her tail feathers. Now the Chicks. I won't point Fingers but I will bet they will wind up in a WOK being Stir-fried.   They are the most Sneakest Secretive Untrustworthy of the Bunch. The only thing I can Rule out completely is it was not The Russians but CNN CNBC will say it was.   

chick 3.JPG

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Thanks to all for Caring and Watching it was trurely an adventure for many.  A biigger one For My Grandsons and ME.  I last saw her Last night in my front yard still calling but no signs this morning. 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

3 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Thanks to all for Caring and Watching it was trurely an adventure for many.  A biigger one For My Grandsons and ME.  I last saw her Last night in my front yard still calling but no signs this morning. 

What a bummer,  but that is nature.  Birth rates are very high and survival rates are very low.