IGNORED

Turkey Defys Science & Turkey One OH Ome

1957Buck

8/03/2018 Morning Check I found an Egg about 30 feet from the nest. boy did it stink. was empty.  Looked up if they will discard bad eggs from the nest.  ( Yes ) they can detect a bad egg and take it away from the nest. seems they roll the eggs in the nest and when one seems bad that is what they do.  also found if only 4-5 out of the reaming hatch maybe 2-3 will survive.   

100_1344.JPG

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

9 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

My pal said that she may have evolved to the point that all her other nests in the woods failed, so she mite as well try near a house!!

True everything I found on where do they prefer to nest exists at the site next to the House.  I will call them Urban Hybrids. Semi-Wild.  and Dam that 28 days is killing me can't wait to see some Chicks.   July 8 was when she started so any Minute Day now. 

Edited by 1957Buck

2 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

True everything I found on where do they prefer to nest exists at the site next to the House.  I will call them Urban Hybrids. Semi-Wild.  and Dam that 28 days is killing me can't wait to see some Chicks.   July 8 was when she started so any Minute Day now. 

FANtastic!!!  Hope u post pics of the lil ones soon!!  They will be way behind the 8 ball tho, and hope they can make it thru a bitter winter.

OK, They Hatched went out 11: am and found these Chicks around her she stood up Made some Clicking Noises and they ran for cover, I will try to get some better photos Later she is very defensive right now.  Don't know just how many Hatched out of some 10 left.  Can't wait for Grandson to see them he is coming for the weekend.  

100_1353.JPG

100_1352.JPG

100_1351.JPG

100_1350.JPG

Now 4:02 pm shes out with 8 chicks 2 eggs remain in the nest. will she return to the nest or find another spot as they are in an Island in the middle of the lawn.    There is one Bright Yellow Chick ????  now to see how many stay around and survive. 

hen.JPG

chicks3 .JPG

chicks.JPG

Eggs.JPG

chicks 2.JPG

Edited by 1957Buck