IGNORED

Got a good one

Psehunter

4 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Nice bass.

Surprised fishing tourneys with 6# line ??

Sometimes when their not really bitting I'll down size my lures and I'll use lighter light if I'm fishing deep to try and get my lures down to them fast or to trigger a reaction bite as it falls...I got this fish in 19' of water

4 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Great bass and even better for a tournament. 

But WTH are you using 6# line for in a tournament? Crazy but it worked this time :up:. I can see maybe in open clear water drop shot fishing but not skipping under docks!!!!!!!  Congrats

Water wasn't clear but I was using a really small bait and these docks go out into deep water..this fish came from under a dock off the bottom in 19'..I want my bait to fall fast to just get it down there or trigger a reaction bite. If I used too heavy of line it's harder to cast and bait falls too slow, it's a gamble during a tournament but as long as you don't horse them and play with your drag you should be able to get them in..plus that's the fun/challenge of tournament fishing , taking risks to win...

6 minutes ago, Psehunter said:

Water wasn't clear but I was using a really small bait and these docks go out into deep water..this fish came from under a dock off the bottom in 19'..I want my bait to fall fast to just get it down there or trigger a reaction bite. If I used too heavy of line it's harder to cast and bait falls too slow, it's a gamble during a tournament but as long as you don't horse them and play with your drag you should be able to get them in..plus that's the fun/challenge of tournament fishing , taking risks to win...

I have used 8# before in tournaments but not 6. 

5 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

I have used 8# before in tournaments but not 6. 

Then I guess call me crazy lol but it works for and yes I have lost fish using it but I've also landed plenty to make it worth the gamble...but Ill only use it in open deep water where I have room to tire them out, I won't use it if there is weeds, dock ladders , or anything that I know will break me off quick.