IGNORED

Thursday Afternoon Cam Check

BHC

I think when it gets hot they stay close to water/cooler areas, those heavy black coats must suck during summer.  Always note a dropoff in activity soon as it gets hot and seems to last until autumn.  That's why I don't start baiting until a few weeks before the season.  Nice pics.

Looks like bears are camping out in front of your camera.

in 2016 I took a trip to NB Canada for a grouse/deer hunt.
The area was baited with apples but from day one I had a single bear coming to it and this bear would lay down on its side, puled apples to his mouth and eat like this for hours.
After the 2nd day I was told this was a bear season as well so I bought a tag and I came back with a bear from a grouse/deer hunt:-)

I was talking about exactly this with a friend who is setting up a deer (only) spot for the first time this season....I was told if you dump the corn in a pile the bears just sit and eat it, sometimes laying in it...Not so if you sprinkle the corn out or spread it out thin I was told. True or no? Not looking to bring in bears to this spot only deer which will be tough based on where it is. Prime bear country....

7 hours ago, LPJR said:

I was talking about exactly this with a friend who is setting up a deer (only) spot for the first time this season....I was told if you dump the corn in a pile the bears just sit and eat it, sometimes laying in it...Not so if you sprinkle the corn out or spread it out thin I was told. True or no? Not looking to bring in bears to this spot only deer which will be tough based on where it is. Prime bear country....

I have done both, and the bears still come in, with spreading it around they don't lay around, but sometimes in this case the pictures aren't as clear as if you have it in one place. Granted this isn't even my bear spot, which is roughly 3/4 of mile north of this deer spot

15 hours ago, LittleM said:

I think when it gets hot they stay close to water/cooler areas, those heavy black coats must suck during summer.  Always note a dropoff in activity soon as it gets hot and seems to last until autumn.  That's why I don't start baiting until a few weeks before the season.  Nice pics.

If that is thecase and I agree with you, this week I should have very little bear activity ......mid to high 90s all week