IGNORED

What's eating my plants?

Buck154

Got home from work today and a few of my Sunflower and cucumber plants leaves were eating.  I was thinking some kind of bug cause there are no pieces on the ground and the tops are almost 4 foot high. I looked and didn't see any bug other than a white caterpillar. I looked on the others and saw nothing.  

So I was home for a hour and half and I got back out in the garden and another sunflower plant was stripped :eek: ..not long. What could it be?

20180628_180219.jpg

20180628_180202.jpg

20180628_180350.jpg

20180628_180328.jpg

Edited by Buck154

Rabbit ate the tops off some of my sunflowers, and ate the bean plants stalks where they grew outside the fence low enough.  They will bend them over to get to the tops.  Or it could be a cut worm. but the tops would be laying there.  Any deer around?

Edited by Greybeard

Just now, Greybeard said:

Rabbit ate the tops off some of my sunflowers, and ate the bean plants stalks where they grew outside the fence low enough.  They will bend them over to get to the tops.  or it could be a cut worm

Definitely not rabbits. I have stakes next to them to hold them up. The got the one with in a hour-hour and half after I got home today. Mystery!!!!!

1 minute ago, Buck154 said:

Definitely not rabbits. I have stakes next to them to hold them up. The got the one with in a hour-hour and half after I got home today. Mystery!!!!!

I don't think a bug could eat it that fast.  Put a trailcam on them.

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I don't think a bug could eat it that fast.  Put a trailcam on them.

Yeah i might. I just sprayed them with a mixture of spearmint oil and water now. My wife read something about it to repel some bugs