IGNORED

So what’s up with fireworks in this state?

Lunatic

17 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Are they legal now?

someone set up this tent in the parking lot of a local Quickcheck, selling fireworks all weekend long. This is the first for me in NJ

CDEFAE8B-73FE-42AB-B773-4AB3161FAAD6.jpeg

If I am not mistaken, the fireworks being sold in NJ are ground displays only....Walmart by me has similar for sale. Legislation was signed in 2017 that makes limited ones legal to buy or possess. I attached a copy below to clarify.....

"The new law allows people who are 16 and older to buy hand-held sparklers and ground-based sparklers. It also allows them to purchase certain novelty items including party poppers and snappers at retail stores around the state.

Under the legislation, all other fireworks will remain illegal in New Jersey including all explosive and aerial fireworks such as firecrackers, sky rockets and bottle rockets."

Hope this helps.....

2 minutes ago, LPJR said:

If I am not mistaken, the fireworks being sold in NJ are ground displays only....Walmart by me has similar for sale. Legislation was signed in 2017 that makes limited ones legal to buy or possess. I attached a copy below to clarify.....

"The new law allows people who are 16 and older to buy hand-held sparklers and ground-based sparklers. It also allows them to purchase certain novelty items including party poppers and snappers at retail stores around the state.

Under the legislation, all other fireworks will remain illegal in New Jersey including all explosive and aerial fireworks such as firecrackers, sky rockets and bottle rockets."

Hope this helps.....

Thanks LPJR!! They are selleling flightless firew:down:orks 

A couple years ago Christy signed something to legalize the sale of certain fireworks in NJ.  I don't know the particulars just remember hearing about it.  Since them I have seen several of the tents set up like the one pictured.

We are having a giant July 4th fireworks display plus, an all out pistol and rifle shooting at my mom's place in Virginia this July 4th. There will be at least 6 US Marines there. I'll be cooking clams and making venison chili. We will be having a firearms tribute to my father who absolutely loved guns. I'll post some photos after words. Cannot wait. This has been in the planning stages for almost two years.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".