IGNORED

What reminds YOU?

LPJR

......of something of when you were younger......

For me, it is the good humor truck that I used to see when we were kids-everywhere. Also, something my kids took out yesterday brought me back a couple of years.....MAGIC SHELL! Oh man that was the best..

What is something that reminds you, and is it still out or no longer available? It can be food, toys, games, cars, whatever.....

image.png.ee878a4d6b5c64c699ecfd20dff7c3cd.pngimage.thumb.png.dc4067639f4cd42eb34d35ab08eb8584.png

Edited by LPJR

Me and my cousins all piled into my parent's' station wagon even as toddlers, all in the back area where there are no seats, dad having an open can of Rheingold  between his legs and smoking cigarette with the windows rolled up.  

a) driving with alcohol

b) Second-hand smoke

c ) Toddlers not in car seats

d) Vehicle over capacity

And yet - somehow we all survived. 

Try THAT today!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 minute ago, JHbowhunter said:

Me and my cousins all piled into my parent's' station wagon even as toddlers, all in the back area where there are no seats, dad having an open can of Rheingold  between his legs and smoking cigarette with the windows rolled up.  

a) driving with alcohol

b) Second-hand smoke

c ) Toddlers not in car seats

d) Vehicle over capacity

And yet - somehow we all survived. 

Try THAT today!

Lmao! somehow we all survived-HOW TRUE! ...You also reminded me of the station wagon that had a flip up rear seat that faced the rear  we used to ride in....funny..

Always hated milk unless it had Quick in it.  The good humor truck every night, and stealing the ice off the milk truck in the morning.  Wish I saved those baseball cards instead of putting them in my spokes.

Went in my parents house today, stood in each room reminiscing of my childhood before the sale is final.  Lots of good memories.

4 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Lmao! somehow we all survived-HOW TRUE! ...You also reminded me of the station wagon that had a flip up rear seat that faced the rear  we used to ride in....funny..

Yes that was good for 10 people, with bench seat in front, it was 3x4x3...    But sometimes we would just leave that seat down and it was like a big bed/playroom for all the kids.   And my mother was the most neurotic overprotective mother on earth (would not even let me eat Captain Crunch or Honeycombs because it had BHA and BHT in it).  Yet - we rode around ever so dangerously.  

All the parents had that station wagon back in the day - one of my most vivid memories was getting picked up by my 3rd grade friends mom for his birthday bowling party, so I was in that 3rd rear facing seat with him and another kid... "Chris" picks his nose and put this giant disgusting booger on the window and I have a very weak stomach for stuff like that so I started to gag and nearly throw up - so he takes it off the window and put it on me and I vomited all over the back of that poor mom's new station wagon.    

Well I got taken home immediately, she thought I was sick and I was trying to explain that "no your son put a booger on me and I puked I am fine I really want to go bowling" but she would hear none of it, so I had to stay home!!!

I shot a big 10pt once….

49 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Always hated milk unless it had Quick in it.  The good humor truck every night, and stealing the ice off the milk truck in the morning.  Wish I saved those baseball cards instead of putting them in my spokes.

Went in my parents house today, stood in each room reminiscing of my childhood before the sale is final.  Lots of good memories.

Oh man, baseball cards in the bike spokes! We are definitely dating ourselves, I used to double them up to make a "louder" exhaust! 

50 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Yes that was good for 10 people, with bench seat in front, it was 3x4x3...    But sometimes we would just leave that seat down and it was like a big bed/playroom for all the kids.   And my mother was the most neurotic overprotective mother on earth (would not even let me eat Captain Crunch or Honeycombs because it had BHA and BHT in it).  Yet - we rode around ever so dangerously.  

All the parents had that station wagon back in the day - one of my most vivid memories was getting picked up by my 3rd grade friends mom for his birthday bowling party, so I was in that 3rd rear facing seat with him and another kid... "Chris" picks his nose and put this giant disgusting booger on the window and I have a very weak stomach for stuff like that so I started to gag and nearly throw up - so he takes it off the window and put it on me and I vomited all over the back of that poor mom's new station wagon.    

Well I got taken home immediately, she thought I was sick and I was trying to explain that "no your son put a booger on me and I puked I am fine I really want to go bowling" but she would hear none of it, so I had to stay home!!!

I literally just spit coffee out of my nose at work tonight........"so he takes it off the window and put it on me and I vomited all over the back of that poor mom's new station wagon".

ROFLMAO!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 minutes ago, LPJR said:

I literally just spit coffee out of my nose at work tonight........"so he takes it off the window and put it on me and I vomited all over the back of that poor mom's new station wagon".

ROFLMAO!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

True Story - How could I forget that one?   So yeah to respond to your posts, STATION WAGONS!     I could tell some even better station wagon stories that happened once I got my driver's license and borrowed Mom's 79 Buick from time to time... But - this is a family channel. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

They tried to sell me a helmet when I bought my Mt Bike 🖕🏻What a gimmick they are if you really want to protect your head a full face helmet is the only way. I’m going to say you don’t wear a helmet while biking either like me Rusty. 

Edited by Live to Hunt

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈