IGNORED

WTB Muddy Pro Climbing Sticks

Jcol6268

The ones with the rope? Careful buying used- there was a recall a few years back- if you buy used ones contact muddy and make sure they are safe.
(Rope with gold specks was after the recall, rope with orange specks was before the recall- not all are recalled - tou need to check the serial #s)
Good luck- I love mine. Quick and quiet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Jcol6268 said:

Hey guys,

Looking for a set of Muddy Pro Climbing sticks.  If you have any you would consider selling or trading for something let me know.  Thanks. 

You should look at Lone Wolf Sticks.  Set of 4 Muddy's with 18" spacing will get you only 12.5' high. Lone Wolf almost 17'. I have Lone Wolf sticks and its a quality, well design product.  

3 minutes ago, Blend No 27 said:

I’m a big fan of the xop sticks. Andre De Aquisto’s new company who created and sold lone wolf. The Muddys are nice but lone wolfs are better and xop’s are an improved lone wolf.

I will look at xop stick but how did they improve them?

17 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I will look at xop stick but how did they improve them?

I wouldn’t get rid of lone Wolfs to get xop’s but the 2 biggest improvements are the way the sticks lock together for carrying and the steps flip over from left to right and can be used either way very easily and quietly.

46 minutes ago, Blend No 27 said:

I wouldn’t get rid of lone Wolfs to get xop’s but the 2 biggest improvements are the way the sticks lock together for carrying and the steps flip over from left to right and can be used either way very easily and quietly.

Well, lone wolf sticks lock together for carrying and the steps flip to both sides as well. I looked at XOP and the improvements I see is additional 2" in length, bigger steps with nice profile and the stick is pushed more away form the tree giving you more room between the step and tree for your foot. For sure improvements but it comes with a cost of almost 1lb /stick or 4lbs for the set of four. I am already loaded when I climb and 4lb is significant when you go deep.  

Nevertheless, nice sticks.

5 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

The ones with the rope? Careful buying used- there was a recall a few years back- if you buy used ones contact muddy and make sure they are safe.
(Rope with gold specks was after the recall, rope with orange specks was before the recall- not all are recalled - tou need to check the serial #s)
Good luck- I love mine. Quick and quiet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah already been down that road lol. Luckily those were some of the oldest ones it seems when they first came out. Thanks for the heads up.