IGNORED

venison kielbasa w/roasted peppers & tomato sauce

mazzgolf

I don't know what I'm gonna do if I have to wait another four years for venison. :lookaround: I'm all out of venison kielbasa after tonight - this stuff is just awesome. Big thumbs up to Hartman's Deer Processing - I love their kielbasa (and their hot sausage, and their summer sausage...).

Here's kielbasa with roasted peppers on a roll, topped with just a slight dab of spaghetti sauce to add some sweetness to the dish. On the side I just had some extra kielbasa topped with the roasted peppers. So good...

Recipe is simple - brush a green and red pepper with olive oil - make sure the oil covers the peppers on both sides. Broil for about 20 minutes (I put them in a toaster oven on the broil setting). I let sit for about 5 or 10 minutes and peel off the blackened skin. For the venison kielbasa, I just put about a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan, if you have an onion, cut it up and put it in the pan, split the kielbasa in half long-ways, and cook for about 5 minutes. Put the kielbasa on a roll, top it with the roasted peppers (and onions if you had them). Optionally, you can put a little bit of spaghetti sauce on top (not a lot, just enough to get some of that sweet tomato flavor) .

Or, just eat it without the roll - venison kielbasa with the peppers and onions, spaghetti sauce again optional.

This is now one of my favorite venison meals. :up: It'll kill me if I have to wait another 4 years to get another deer :laughing:

kilbasa1.jpg.075dbc12a6297b5c7ea15d434e2b2dbd.jpg