IGNORED

Nobelle kennels

I have a Gsp now that has bloodline from Malzone Indian creek and he’s a stud in the field I couldn’t be happier and over impressed with him.

right now he’s got some skin issues I’ve been throwing money at and still no one has an answer for me I’m not sure how things are going to workout in the long run at this point so another pup is a must for me.

From my understanding is the common us gsp is more white due to having English pointer in it.

the one from nobelle kennels are a little thicker and liver or darker in color they’re referred as dk pointer 

DEUTSCH KURZHAAR.

im not sure if they’re different hunting styles, the owner from nobelle made seem as his dogs are systematic or methodical hunters and the us gsp are runners.

Anyone with any thoughts 

Bones -

Most shorthairs available in this area have plenty of drive and endurance.  Left to their own devices they will hunt wider, rather than closer.    As far as there being pointer mixed in...all I will say is that it ain't just the white ones, IMO.  Most of the shorthairs in this area are from field trial lines. 

It really depends on what YOU want the dog to do.  The most highly bred all age field trial bred dog can be trained to hunt for the gun.  It might not be the  easiest path, but it CAN be done, with time, patience and persistence.

Alternatively, you can look for lines or breeds that are bred to hunt more closely and less independently.  Such dogs may be easir for the average hunter to train to a level that is satisfactory for their needs, because the dog has less of a desire to range out.

If you get a knucklehead or a renegade, it does not matter what the dog came out of.  You are going to have your hands full. 

If however, you get a youngster that wants to be with you, wants to please you and likes being around you...it really also does not matter where that dog came out of because that dog will be much easier to train to the level you need.

Just so you know, I have English pointers and they are field trial bred and can run in front of a horse for an hour or more. They are competitive with anything out there and have placed in their share of competitions.   

They will also hunt to the gun just fine  on a 40 acre preserve field, or on a NJ WMA when I am walking, carrying a gun because they know the difference.  It does take some work, but if I can do it...anyone can.

There is an old saying in field trial circles.  It goes like this...

" You can win a field trial with just about any kind of  dog.  The only kind of dog you can NEVER win with...is a LOST dog."

No matter how fast and far they go... they have to stay with you and come back for you, to be competitive.   That means they have to WANT to stay with you.  Winning dogs do that.  They also tend to produce puppies that do that. 

I am a member of the English Setter Club of America, in Medford, NJ.  Several members have very high quality German shorthairs. 

I spoke to one of those folks a couple weeks ago and she asked me if I knew anyone that was looking for a shorthair.  I think it was puppies she was referring to, but I'm not sure.

As I said, there are folks there that have some of the very nicest shorthairs you could hope to see.

If you want some names and numbers , PM me. 

RayG

BTW -  The letters DK stand for Deutsch Kurshaar, which is German  for "German Shorthair".  Same breed...different breeding. 

I would expect to see no "American" shorthairs in a DK's pedigree and would want to see titles on some of the foundation dogs from the German testing system, either from the States or directly from Germany.

Edited by birddogger

I have a female GSP that is very dark and weighs in at about 50.  

I got her from a guy that needed to get rid of her at 1 yr and have had her for 3 yrs now. He got he up in NY State from a guy not a kennel.

I few guys I have run her with or have seen her say that she is most likely from German lines being smaller and darker.

She is a sweetheart in the house but afield is a machine. She ranges way out and she covers lots of ground, has a great nose and is solid on point and retrieves.

Should not have had her spayed.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

My expectations are high comparing to my sawyer, I want to see pedigree, I’m not against a started dog but as long as my male dog is with me it would have to be a female and I question y anyone would get rid of a good dog . 

Im really set on my pup recovering and finding a treatment and getting a puppy male or female to follow in his footsteps.

im a fast hunter covering lots of ground I hunt a lot sometimes days in a row I need a dog that can do that.

Ive had two Gsp different bloodlines sawyer my current will hunt non stop injury tired you wouldn’t know.

the other one would let you know the next day by sleeping or limping around.

At this point I’m looking for references and pedigrees 

1 hour ago, Bones said:

My expectations are high comparing to my sawyer, I want to see pedigree, I’m not against a started dog but as long as my male dog is with me it would have to be a female and I question y anyone would get rid of a good dog . 

There is a story about the guy who got rid of the dog I got if thats what you were referring to. And before I got her she got great references from Dominic (who trained her) and your friend Kevin who made the connection for me.

And, Kevin has apprised me of your situation with Sawyer and I hope all works out for the best.

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.