IGNORED

Diy Gc, my biggest project

tcook8296

53 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Is there going to be a floor on top of those beams or is that a cathedral ceiling in that room?  

I'm assuming this is the 2 story trophy room.  So the beams are mostly for aesthetics?   

The room with the beams is a 2 story great room. The trophy room is on the 2 nd floor and is being framed today. 

All beams are decorative. This is Nj, its almost impossibe to build  using anything but conventional lumber/building practices with out huge engineering/architect costs. 

www.liftxrentals.com

1 hour ago, tjfslaughter said:

Are you going to have to install a storm water retention system?

As of now no. The house sits in the middle of 50 acres. I believe that would apply to a development, not a single family dwelling

www.liftxrentals.com

35 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

As of now no. The house sits in the middle of 50 acres. I believe that would apply to a development, not a single family dwelling

I am adding a small addition to my house and our town is requiring me to install a 660 gallon tank/system and I am no where near the coverage limits.  That is great that you do not have to put one in.  

7 minutes ago, tjfslaughter said:

Very nice. I assume you will have sheathing on the roof and roof material installed within a week or so given the holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will see what happens with the rain coming. The weatherman just never seems to get it right. My town has part time inspectors 3 days a week. With a holiday in the mix a day of rain possible, sheathing inspection has been set up for end of week next week. Roof and windows after that

www.liftxrentals.com

Might wanna allow 2 weeks for sheathing and roof.... these temps are awful to work roofing in.. even if they are capable they will scuff the shingles up pretty bad in these temps. You don't want it looking best up.
Theres no shade over that house to keep the shingles cool, and non water to spray on them. My advise is hold off on the shingles til temps drop. (Unless you're doing metal roof- then have at it :) )Screenshot_20180628-092244_Weather.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We will see what happens with the rain coming. The weatherman just never seems to get it right. My town has part time inspectors 3 days a week. With a holiday in the mix a day of rain possible, sheathing inspection has been set up for end of week next week. Roof and windows after that

I have dealt with part time inspectors for the past 4 years on various sites. Luckily most are cool and let me do photo inspections to keep the jobs rolling. Some towns will allow you to pay for a special inspection off hours but they can bang you about $200 an inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk