IGNORED

Spinning Reel ?

Mink

Hi Guys, I was thinking about adding some new equipment to my fishing supplies. I was shopping for spinning reels and saw that Dicks has 50% off on an Okuma Stratus V .Are these any good ? It's a real good price but I don't want to buy junk. 

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege 

I'd agree they're made for DSG and I really wouldn't trust them . As others asked , what are you fishing for ? I've usually run Shimano but last year I branched out some and picked up a Lews speed spin and speed spool . I've got nothing but great things to say about them so far . They came in just before my Champlain trip and they performed wonderfully through some giant smallmouth and good size  northern pike . They're super smooth with great drag systems . I've put them through hell this year so far catching some great size largemouth locally and I'm still really not missing my shimanos yet they haven't come out once , I'm finding myself grabbing the rods set up with the Lews . 

While I seldom spin fish these days, I was always a Shimano for freshwater and Penn for saltwater guy myself.  I still own every spin reel I ever bought with many going back to the 70s and all still in great working order.  A new bail spring here and there, but that's about it.  And I own some Shimano baitcasters as well.  Calcuttas.  

On 6/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, Stewey said:

I will never ever buy anything from dicks after they infringed on my 2nd amendment rights 

This is the correct answer

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."