IGNORED

Pocket Door Hardware with Privacy Lock

BowhunterNJ

Figured I'd ask and see if anyone here has any experience with any specific pocket door locks with privacy locks that they like.  The standard ones you get from Home Depot/Lowes are very small.  For a guy, you have to squeeze two fingers in there to turn a lock "handle" that's the size of dime.  Then it seems like the "next level" of pocket door hardware is literally $100s of dollars for a single set ($250-$800+).  I need two privacy and one pass through.  Been digging around online, but if anyone has a recommendation on ones they've used, please do chime in!  :):up:

I can't really help you on this one since it's not what I deal with, but try going to a local lumber/ building supply yard in you area that GC's and carpenters go to for their supplies, they may be able to help. Allied Building Supply is good place to start they should have a location down near you.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Most pocket door hardware(runners/tracks etc) really suck, flimsy and cheap. I haven’t seen a good system for a reasonable price in a long time. Before you buy ask to see the hardware, if you can twist or manipulate it in any way it will eventually bind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

7 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

Most pocket door hardware(runners/tracks etc) really suck, flimsy and cheap. I haven’t seen a good system for a reasonable price in a long time. Before you buy ask to see the hardware, if you can twist or manipulate it in any way it will eventually bind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that seems to be the main issue.  They're either cheap versions or REALLY damn expensive.  I wouldn't mind even going cheap and replacing it when needed but they are really just junky and hard to get a hand in to lock.  Fine for pulls but a pain for a locking mechanism/privacy door.