IGNORED

Ipilot installed on Minn Kota Powerdrive V2

Bonefreak

Should be interesting! Seems to have some really neat features....like Spot Lock, recording a track, auto pilot....im jus a lil scared of losing the option to operate the motor via the foot pedal.....which.....i may hav a plan for......if I get annoyed navigating a tight shoreline w using the Ipilot handheld remote control.....i may put my other bow mount Minn Kota w a foot pedal on boat....next to my ipilot.....thus having 2 motors on bow!!!! 
1 for ipilot applications....and 1 for navigating tight shorelines. Lol.  Redneck bassboat!!

20180606_082818.jpg

50 minutes ago, rgw said:

You should have a conector for it. I have had it for 3 years now. Never go back to peel. Awesome for trolling or spot lock jig over school of fish

Connector??

And ...what do you mean "never go back to peel"

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

Connector??

And ...what do you mean "never go back to peel"

Sorry autocorrect, ment to say pedal. There is a connection on my trolling motor if I want to use pedal. I never use pedal any more but keep it in boat incase battery for in remote

2 minutes ago, rgw said:

Sorry autocorrect, ment to say pedal. There is a connection on my trolling motor if I want to use pedal. I never use pedal any more but keep it in boat incase battery for in remote

Gotchya. Then ....do you have the Ultrex?  That allows for use of a pedal with ipilot. The kit I installed makes the pedal obsolete.....it cannot be used anymore.....unless I took off ipilot head and reinstalled the old head. 

13 minutes ago, rgw said:

I will have to look but it looks just like yours. I see you have a connection I think

Yep....I have a connection...that is where the pedal used to connect to....but now its connected to a wire that leads up to the head, and the pedal is on the shelf in my shed.  lol

You will LOVE the handheld remote with the Auto-pilot! Wear it around your neck,both hands free most of the time.You can operate the motor from anywhere in the boat.I point the auto pilot torwards the boat ramp and put all my gear away while the boat is steering itself.Its GREAT! Be careful of the spot-lock,it can really drain your battery if its windy.

Edited by Dinger

19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I got an Ulterra with both I pilot and I link to also control it right from my Helix  .

looking forward to using it on the jet boat.

you will love it. you can set a tract and it will follow the same path or just set a direction and it will auto correct to keep heading. it shines trolling