IGNORED

Friday on the West Branch

Bucksnbows

Did you stay at the West Branch or was it up and back in 1 day?   The green drakes showing up yet?  

I did an up and back yesterday. I have tons of friends that either live up there or have second homes there, so I always have places to stay and drift boats to use. But yesterday was a wade fishing trip.

The green drakes are showing lower down the system and reports from the Beaverkill are excellent, but I went north to the upper WB where we still have Hendricksons coming off. I don’t ever recall seeing that hatch this late before, but no complaints from me. Water temps only hit 50F in the No-Kill stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, JHbowhunter said:

Nice Flask!

My buddy Doc doesn't mess around with his alcohol.  :)

That's another buddy holding his flask in awe in that one photo.  On our Trout Louts trip, Doc always sets up at whatever we are calling "Home Pool" for the trip right at 5pm with a lanyard of Martini plastic glasses, the flask he just retrieved from the freezer, and an assortment of tiny dill pickles, blue cheese stuffed olives, marinated baby onions, and other niceties as our crew gathers around.  We had such a following when we stayed at the West Branch Angler that drift boat guides that were friends of ours knew to be in Home Pool at WBA right at 5 with their clients for a stiff drink before finishing out their evening fishing.  :)  

1 hour ago, LPJR said:

Trout on flies and Martini's. Nice summer combo Brian! Well done, great pics...

Now to get you and your "yoot" out with fly rods on the Flatbrook soon, Lou!  Let's work out a date before I get in full restoration mode in several states this summer.     

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Now to get you and your "yoot" out with fly rods on the Flatbrook soon, Lou!  Let's work out a date before I get in full restoration mode in several states this summer.     

Will PM you some dates coming up when I am off and he has no Lacrosse games. He only has 1 or 2 remaining...We are in! :up: