IGNORED

Murphy on 101.5/ bear hunt

Phil Murphy was on 101.5 from 2-3pm today. I caught the very last question of the hour from a woman. Wanted to know if he was going to stop/ cancel the bear hunt. When started to answer the question he mentioned the fish and game counsel which he admitted didn't know they existed. He said he will do everything in his power to stop the bear hunt and find other  non-lethal methods to control the bears. He stated that the F&G and him don't see eye to eye on how to control the bears. So I wouldn't get our hopes up that there will be a bear hunt this year. Again decisions made with emotions and not science. 

Edited by iluv2hunt

It's crazy that this man questions an entire department of a subject of which he knows nothing about. That's the equivalent of me walking into NASA and telling them to stop their work because I question their work habits or how they operate.  I would love to see his resume/work experience involving bears in ANY state. 

It's truly insane. Someone should go knock on his door and tell him to stop working effective immediately, that you question his motives/actions. See how he likes it. 

And to say you didn't know an Entire department existed... Pure ignorance. 

1 hour ago, iluv2hunt said:

Phil Murphy was on 101.5 from 2-3pm today. I caught the very last question of the hour from a woman. Wanted to know if he was going to stop/ cancel the bear hunt. When started to answer the question he mentioned the fish and game counsel which he admitted didn't know they existed. He said he will do everything in his power to stop the bear hunt and find other  non-lethal methods to control the bears. He stated that the F&G and him don't see eye to eye on how to control the bears. So I wouldn't get our hopes up that there will be a bear hunt this year. Again decisions made with emotions and not science. 

We know Murphy is a dumbsh!t when it comes to almost everything except how to make money at Goldman Sachs.  He doesn't know how to run a business, create jobs, stop crime, reduce regulation etc...He knows how to garner political support from left wing nut jobs like anti-hunters,  anti-gun, illegal immigrant groups, legal pot groups.  No surprise here from a left wing governor from a left wing state.  Thank God for the red states.  

Why doesn't the politically driven DFW just announce the dates for the bear hunt if they are driven by science based wildlife management?   What are they waiting for?   It really makes no sense to wait.  Just announce the season and let the games begin. 

1 hour ago, Swamprat said:

And to say you didn't know an Entire department existed... Pure ignorance. 

It's the Fish & Game Council he didn't know existed which doesn't surprise me one bit coming from a liberal that doesn't hunt or fish.  And the way the Council is set up, he only has one member he can appoint to a seat on that Council.  The Member At Large/public position.  

9 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Why doesn't the politically driven DFW just announce the dates for the bear hunt if they are driven by science based wildlife management?   What are they waiting for?   It really makes no sense to wait.  Just announce the season and let the games begin. 

They release all the hunting seasons at once, so that's still in the works.  There is also no season info on deer, small game, etc. for the 2018 fall and winter season.   

Edited by Bucksnbows

You forgot the first words that came out of her mouth. "I'm a republican and voted for you for one reason, to end the bear hunt".  I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The woman can apparently care less about the decline of pretty much everything in this state, but she cares about the freaking bear hunt!! Wtf!

4 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

It's the Fish & Game Council he didn't know existed which doesn't surprise me one bit coming from a liberal that doesn't hunt or fish.  And the way the Council is set up, he only has one member he can appoint to a seat on that Council.  The Member At Large/public position.  

They release all the hunting seasons at once, so that's still in the works.  There is also no season info on deer, small game, etc. for the 2018 fall and winter season.   

Deer season dates are out.  We know the firearm bear season is the same week as firearm deer so it just doesn't make sense.   Murphy definitely put heavy pressure on his DEP commissioner to tell Herrigty and Barno not to announce a season in order to keep the anti's off his back.  Once they announce the season he will be forced to act to cancel it and he knows it. 

2018-2019 Deer Hunting Information 

Fall Bow, September 8 (Early Zones Only, Regulation Sets #4-8)
Youth Deer Bow Hunt, September 22
Fall Bow, September 29 (Statewide)
Permit Bow Season, October 27 
Youth Deer Firearm Hunt, November 17
Six-day Firearm Season, December 3-8
Winter Bow, January 1, 2019