IGNORED

Deer stalking in Scotland

I will do a longer write up when I get home but I am out here in Scotland on vacation and booked one morning and one evening of hunting. The laws here are more liberal than NJ on deer hunting. Here are a few pics of the morning hunt. I will be going back out this evening. Shooting a silenced .243 was quite a pleasure. Tonight we are looking for a more mature one. IMG_0567.JPGIMG_0569.JPGIMG_0571.JPGIMG_0575.JPGIMG_0573.JPGIMG_0564.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool trip!!  I did my first research paper on Scotland in 8th grade......i had info my teacher, Mrs. McCutcheon, was Scottish, and worked some brownie points!  Lol. I learned Edinbugh is the capital!  I did not learn anything about the deer huntin tho!  

Congrats on the Scottish buck!!  Looks like a NJ Piney buck!!  Bet he eats well tho!!

Good luck n safe travels!

That is awesome, congrats.
My wife is from Scotland and we go there every year to visit her  family.  I never hunted there because I figured it was too expensive and I am a cheap bastard! :fudd:

100gbp for the morning hunt, and same for evening plus a 100gbp per deer trophy fee. No tags or license required.

19 minutes ago, tjfslaughter said:

100gbp for the morning hunt, and same for evening plus a 100gbp per deer trophy fee. No tags or license required.

So it cost you 300 pounds? If so that is pretty damn good imo. Also what did you do with the meat and hide?

Edited by rocky

12 minutes ago, tjfslaughter said:

If I take a second deer tonight it will total 400 pounds.

Good luck tonight and post more pix.  I met some of my now late great uncles in Germany when I visited in the early 80s, and they hunted roe deer regularly.  

4 hours ago, tjfslaughter said:

I will do a longer write up when I get home but I am out here in Scotland on vacation and booked one morning and one evening of hunting. The laws here are more liberal than NJ on deer hunting. Here are a few pics of the morning hunt. I will be going back out this evening. Shooting a silenced .243 was quite a pleasure. Tonight we are looking for a more mature one. 

Thanks man.  Looking forward to the longer write up.  This could be a good family vacation where I take a day and split off and do some shooting...(while the rest of the family is staring at churches or crumbled walls).