IGNORED

Canoe float trip

Kype

I want to take my wife and daughter out to the Delaware river for a canoe float trip. Anyone have a good drop in and take out spot that can be done in a day? Not looking to be jumping water falls or high rapids lol. Just a nice float trip that can be done in a day. Thanks. 

As buck said we go every year we put in at Branchburg and run the Lambertville there's a state ramp at Branchburg the only problem is you're going to run into Wing dams that you have to Traverse.  We go in winter and camp on an island

I used to go from above skinners falls, Calicoon,ny.  Going through those rapids is not what you'd be looking for, though.  There are a few places to rent along rt 97 in NY(indian head, landers, silver canoe).  They can drop you off at a lower point depending how far you want to go, and pick you  up around Port Jervis.  They have campgrounds if you wanted to do that..  It's peaceful up there, and the scenery is nice.  Go while the water is still high in June, but not as high as it is now.  We used to go about 25 miles, stopped in Narrowsburg for lunch.  But you'd want to cut that in half if you just want to float.

I also did the west branch of the wading river down south.  That was a nice, slow, narrow, snaking river that might be what you're looking for.  Forget the outfitter, but I think it was on rt 206

4 hours ago, Kype said:

I want to take my wife and daughter out to the Delaware river for a canoe float trip. Anyone have a good drop in and take out spot that can be done in a day? Not looking to be jumping water falls or high rapids lol. Just a nice float trip that can be done in a day. Thanks. 

Avoid the Hassel of Transporting back to original Launch.  I did it many years with Kayaks from upstate NY to Bull Island always played for transporting up from Take Out. That Said there are Outfitters that Supply all the needed you Park at The Delaware Water Gap they bus you to the Launch or even above all that where you return to their Site for a BBQ  and Swimming.  Digman's to the gap is Popular EasyFloat keep in mind The River Conditions During the Summer. Warmer Low waters are best and Fun do it in a Group Solo can be Hazardous LIFE JACKETS LIFE JACKETS    Also remember certain Stretches are No Alcohol allowed depending on what side of the river you are passing through State Park Boundary are marked by Bouys.   PA and NJ Patrol Heavily. Not Friendly.  Weekends are a Blast with 100s of Rafters Tubbers Yakers drifting down with Water Fights.     I have even Paddled up from Worthington to Dingmans Low water conditions with my Kayak and Wife in Tow. while camping at Worthington.   Enjoy 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

19 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Rusty has a trip he does in the late summer but upstream between PA and NY, ends at Port Jervis.  Some choppy water, but nothing you can't navigate around.

Yes,  September 15 (ish) we will be using Kittatinny to kayak from the Staircase down to Matamoras.  All are welcome.    

1 hour ago, 1957Buck said:

For a Complete Guide, this book is indispensable.  for Expert to the novice. $13 on Amazon.     I have Charts and Surveys of the Entire River I used.  I camped and Paddled Fished many Islands and Miles. along Delaware. Will Scan and send any info you need 

51xEfT3KgyL.jpg

I'll have to check that book out. Does the book give you maps of where to drop in and take out etc.. thanks

Dingmans to Bushkill would be a nice easy float...  Do it now and you will be in thick of the waning shad run, but still plenty of fresh fish to be caught.   So many spots you could pull  over and cast...

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

6 hours ago, Kype said:

I'll have to check that book out. Does the book give you maps of where to drop in and take out etc.. thanks

Kype go to Amazon and it gives the full description of what it Contains. IMO one of the most Complete on The Delaware River. In my days of Kayaking, the Delaware I have compiled Volumes of Maps and Information all are welcome to their use.  If U want I can scan and post any areas U R interested in. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

6 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Dingmans to Bushkill would be a nice easy float...  Do it now and you will be in thick of the waning shad run, but still plenty of fresh fish to be caught.   So many spots you could pull  over and cast...

Was going to say Dingmans as well. Good relaxing trip.