IGNORED

Looking for Ohio land lease

Most good hunting land never gets advertised. Outfitters snap up the big pieces.  Smaller parcels you can still obtain by knocking on doors. Spend some time at the small local hang outs restaurants, bars etc. Locals outside of Nj are friendly and can give you some leads.  Boots on the ground you can still find some good land. 

www.liftxrentals.com

19 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

Most good hunting land never gets advertised. Outfitters snap up the big pieces.  Smaller parcels you can still obtain by knocking on doors. Spend some time at the small local hang outs restaurants, bars etc. Locals outside of Nj are friendly and can give you some leads.  Boots on the ground you can still find some good land. 

Agree but its hard to do out of state. If I get a lead on a spot i can narrow down an area and maybe end up with somthing. NJ is rough. I try every year for some land and come up shy. I found land FSBO for 2yrs and hed rather pay for it to sit then lease it out.

1 minute ago, mattg1500 said:

Agree but its hard to do out of state. If I get a lead on a spot i can narrow down an area and maybe end up with somthing. NJ is rough. I try every year for some land and come up shy. I found land FSBO for 2yrs and hed rather pay for it to sit then lease it out.

Start out on public land to get out there. You can hit the Ohio line in about 6 hrs. A few long weekends could do it. 

The further you can get from Pa and Nj the better hunting you will find. 

www.liftxrentals.com

Maybe look for an outfitter that does DIY.  That is what I do in Kansas. I lease the land for all of bow season.  Certain States have different rules also.  In Kansas non-residents have to choose there weapon so you can only lease for a specific season.  They only allow 1 buck to be killed by any hunter resident or non-resident.  

Edited by Live to Hunt

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

On 5/18/2018 at 1:40 PM, mattg1500 said:

Looking to lease land in Ohio preferably just over the Pa border in any of those counties. Will do by season or year long. 2 -3 hunters. Any tips appreciated!

Get on the internet and search search search.  That is what I did.  I called and called people and outfitters till I found what I was looking for.  It took me several weeks of constant work.  It can be done.  

39 minutes ago, mattg1500 said:

Never thought of diy outfitters. Good idea

It cost me $2500 to lease 160 acres for bow season.  No one else hunts it just me for bow season.  People always ask me the question well how do you know if anyone is hunting it when your not there.  Well its pretty simple. 1. have to find an honest outfitter or person to lease from.  2. You can tell when you start hunting weather or not the deer have been pressured.  The biggest thing when it comes to outfitting is if outfitting is the outfitters only source of income and their only job they will most likely over sell hunts and put to many guys on properties. Comes down to money.  I hunted in Illinois where there was 30 guys in camp a week hunting the same properties weekly. NOT GOOD TO MUCH PRESSURE  I love DIY you hunt how you want.  No one telling you what to shoot etc. If you need to talk pm me you number.

Edited by Live to Hunt

28 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

It cost me $2500 to lease 160 acres for bow season.  No one else hunts it just me for bow season.  People always ask me the question well how do you know if anyone is hunting it when your not there.  Well its pretty simple. 1. have to find an honest outfitter or person to lease from.  2. You can tell when you start hunting weather or not the deer have been pressured.  The biggest thing when it comes to outfitting is if outfitting is the outfitters only source of income and their only job they will most likely over sell hunts and put to many guys on properties. Comes down to money.  I hunted in Illinois where there was 30 guys in camp a week hunting the same properties weekly. NOT GOOD TO MUCH PRESSURE  I love DIY you hunt how you want.  No one telling you what to shoot etc. If you need to talk pm me you number.

I see a lot that say max 8 guys in camp but I guess like you said they can say 8 but have 12. 160ac for 1 person seems big, but then like you said you do what you want when you want. Realistically if we get land it will be 2 or 3 of us and probably hunt a few weekends. The main thing is its ours and we wont have to worry about running into people. We got a small lease in nj, under 20ac, and it bordered state land and we saw 3 people right on our property line last year. I appreciate the tips. If i hit a wall ill shoot ya my #, i dont want to bother you until im desperate lol

1 hour ago, mattg1500 said:

I see a lot that say max 8 guys in camp but I guess like you said they can say 8 but have 12. 160ac for 1 person seems big, but then like you said you do what you want when you want. Realistically if we get land it will be 2 or 3 of us and probably hunt a few weekends. The main thing is its ours and we wont have to worry about running into people. We got a small lease in nj, under 20ac, and it bordered state land and we saw 3 people right on our property line last year. I appreciate the tips. If i hit a wall ill shoot ya my #, i dont want to bother you until im desperate lol

No bother and 160 acres is perfect for 1 guy. 

• 7 months later...

Cook is correct you need to go deeper into Ohio.

I have been hunting a big farm in Weaverly for 5 years now

and the hunting is outstanding.This may sound crazy but with

the new crop of good old boys more worried about smoking meth and eating pills  the deer hunting gets better every year.

Drug  problem out there is devastating.