Jump to content
electric10162

Log Splitter Reviews Wanted

Recommended Posts

Looking for a gas log splitter. Horizontal/Vertical a must. Neighbor cut down three big oak trees. Looking for something that will last.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using all day today  troy-bilt 27 ton splitter with a Honda motor on it. Its a company splitter used by many through the last 5 years or so. Indestructible, reliable and with enough power to split any wood.
It is horizontal/vertical but I never used it in upright position. ( we should hide this thread from Rusty:-)

 

 

 

 

BC22B652-E679-45AD-B76E-D2DB4622E767.jpeg

79C123DB-6AAC-4091-B4A0-990637536624.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to log splitter direct pick one in your price range and need I have a yard max 28 ton with a 4 way wedge  you can't beat them yust sold a  the 35  ton that was posted a weeks  ago

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I am using all day today  troy-bilt 27 ton splitter with a Honda motor on it. Its a company splitter used by many through the last 5 years or so. Indestructible, reliable and with enough power to split any wood.
It is horizontal/vertical but I never used it in upright position. ( we should hide this thread from Rusty:-)

 

 

 

 

BC22B652-E679-45AD-B76E-D2DB4622E767.jpeg

79C123DB-6AAC-4091-B4A0-990637536624.jpeg

Rusty may very well ban Looney and Electric after this post :rofl:................then he will post a pic of his maul(s) ....Looney those are huge pieces, I assume you have a large stove or fireplace....

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Rusty may very well ban Looney and Electric after this post :rofl:................then he will post a pic of his maul(s) ....Looney those are huge pieces, I assume you have a large stove or fireplace....

Rusty is welcome to come over and show me how its done!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Rusty may very well ban Looney and Electric after this post :rofl:................then he will post a pic of his maul(s) ....Looney those are huge pieces, I assume you have a large stove or fireplace....

No they are not that big and my stove is relatively small, The stove inside is only 19".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Rusty is welcome to come over and show me how its done!

To me its a time factor.
I love splitting wood by hand but it take too much time. What I did today would take me weeks.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

To me its a time factor.
I love splitting wood by hand but it take too much time. What I did today would take me weeks.

This is true only if it is not Buck154, Rusty, or Nomad splitting wood by hand. This trio will give any mechanical splitter a run for it's money. Just depends on who or which runs out of gas first. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best splitter I've ever owned.   Just ask Jack or Lou how sweet this bad boy is.  

log splitter.jpg

Edited by Rusty
  • Winner 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, electric10162 said:

Rusty is welcome to come over and show me how its done!

If you're north of 80 host a wood cutting day at your place.  Tell HH that he can have a truck load of wood if he brings home-brew.  If he brings it they will come.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LPJR said:

This is true only if it is not Buck154, Rusty, or Nomad splitting wood by hand. This trio will give any mechanical splitter a run for it's money. Just depends on who or which runs out of gas first. 

I am sure they can do it, I can too. but no single man, I don't care who it is, can compete with a splitter. 3 of them against one splitter could win on wood that splits easy. 
Anyway splitting wood is great exercise.  I started last weekend and I was at it for most of the week after work. Unfortunately, I am scheduled for elbow surgery on May 10th so if I didn't get it done by then I would have to look at the pile of wood in my way for several months. This way I am done and happy about it. Even with a log splitter, handling this much wood in one single day kicked my ass but it feels good.

Took care of this pile in 4 hrs.

167397875.gixdKN3q.jpg

 

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Best splitter I've ever owned.   Just ask Jack or Lou how sweet this bad boy is.  

log splitter.jpg

How heavy? It does not look very heavy. I split wood with 8lber but most of what I split is very twisted oak. That's the way it grows in my area.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

To me its a time factor.
I love splitting wood by hand but it take too much time. What I did today would take me weeks.

For me splitting is about the exercise and fresh air.  I spend a few hours each week cutting and splitting, year-round, I don't want to "get it done".  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

How heavy? It does not look very heavy. I split wood with 8lber but most of what I split is very twisted oak. That's the way it grows in my area.

I have 4s, 6s, and 8s.  My favorite is a 6 with a thin blade and a hickory handle.  I use the 8 on logs with really nasty nots.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rusty said:

I have 4s, 6s, and 8s.  My favorite is a 6 with a thin blade and a hickory handle.  I use the 8 on logs with really nasty nots.   

6 lber is perfect for wood that is straight and splits easy. I keep swinging the 8 all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...