IGNORED

Smoked trout

Care to Share the Preparation for smoking and Temps and  Time do you use the store bought wood Chips I don't have a Proper smoker but got some tips for a gas grill Method. Thanks in Advance.   I have done Gravlax with Salmon that is amazing.  The photo is Not mine but mine looks just like it. 

28795_l.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I use a mixture or Morton's tenderquick and brown sugar and liberally rub down all sides of fish. I use a plastic container and layer the fish and more rub, cover and refrigerate for at least one day. Rinse fish off with cold water and place on a rack to dry, I use the racks from my smoker for this. Make sure the fish are completely dry before smoking or your fish wont come out right. Smoke at 225 until fish internal temp reaches 135

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

15 hours ago, Kype said:

looks awesome. I am interested in buying a smoker. which one do you use? 

I Made this one years ago copied the little Chief. Both of them on Amazon $100 and Under $200 On up for the Serious Smoker IMO Electric is the way to go.  

91uFO8GUs3L._SL1500_.jpg

91EBHTPcSbL._SL1500_.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Looks good. 

When smoking fish it is very important that the fish has formed a pellicle before putting it in the smoker. 

A pellicle is a skin or coating of proteins on the surface of meat, fish or poultry, which allow smoke to better adhere to the surface of the meat during the smoking process. Useful in all smoking applications and with any kind of animal protein, it is best used with fish where the flesh of a fish such as salmon forms a pellicle that will attract more smoke to adhere to it than would be the case if it had not been used.