6 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

yeti really isn’t a great cooler anyway. Many much cheaper coolers beat them in every ice challenge .

they just had great marketing .

Their biggest claim to fame was holding the patent on roto-molded coolers which is why they had essentially cornered the market for high priced coolers.  Now there are dozens of copycats out there even better because they added bells and whistles to their brands for maybe half or less of what Yeti still thinks it can get for a cooler.  But my kid works at Ramsey Outdoors and tells me that each Yeti shipment flies out the door.  Go figure.  

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

But my kid works at Ramsey Outdoors and tells me that each Yeti shipment flies out the door.  Go figure.  

Marketing my friend. 

lol hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a friggin cooler anyway. 

9 hours ago, MRMCR said:

The Mrs. and I have boycotted a nearby town ( Roselle park ) because of a statue they removed ( a soldier praying ) ....we did frequent a Portuguese restaurant there and havent been there in over a year.......not sure if this hurt anyone but ourselves from getting decent food but hey I am kinda stubborn..........( and this post  was in response to the poster above me ) ....

I think the township was forced to take it down, because of lawsuits by militant atheists. At least they filed lawsuits to do so.

Pretty friggn' sad, whatever the case.

19 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

But my kid works at Ramsey Outdoors and tells me that each Yeti shipment flies out the door.  Go figure.  

Guess their Loyal Customers did not hear about the boycott 

23 hours ago, archer36 said:

Does everyone here check the list of NRA supporters before they buy anything? If you do, you won't have many choices. So wanting to boycott a company that DROPS support for the NRA is different than never having supported them at all?

I think it is, in fact, different.  Yeti is bowing to pressure to cut off support.  But, you make up your own mind.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

He isn’t going to believe that ,

because wasn’t written in the Asbury park press .

Buck 1957; have you noticed the emotion and  changes from people boycotting the NRA ?

if you don’t think people standing up for what they believe in creates change you have lost all touch with reality

Don't read the APP 

People standing up for Change and beliefs Can make a difference but in today's world people are divided on issues we now have Red and Blue States along with N & S  The vast Majority could give a Crap about boycotting a cooler Comp. They are doing their own thing. 

There are Talkers and doers. I don't expect the few involved in opinionated  Boycotts to agree with me. There are successful boycotts and losers. The Original Post was about the Cooler and my point was it won't work.  You can get on your high horse and It is our rights we the people Stand United and fight.  But I again point to the Failures of The NFL Boycott The Gun Rights March on Trenton Boycott Dicks Cabelas That will have some effects but soon forgotten.   The Reality is there have been very few successful Boycotts  From be Ameican buy American to Travel bans Such as Aruba - Mexico - France - The other Reality is the Majority Don't give a rats ass about someones else they live in their own world and do as they please.  This is America that Forgets and forgives even faster we Won Wars and lost at the same time The same people who Bitch about Illegals Have them do their Laws Babysitting Serve and cook their Food in Resturants pick the Crops. Give them More Benefits than Americans.  How is That boycotting doing from the People who believe in change? 

The Reality you speak of is someday you will understand there is a bigger world outside of yous and it is Changing fast.

Just read a article about yeti severing ties with the nra. Seems like they are doing a bit of back tracking. Pelican coolers will donate 10 dollars to the nra for each product they sell and also throw in a free tumbler in light of yeti action. F  k off yeti, hello pelican. There are also some great videos of what some nra members are doing to their yeti coolers. Just Google yeti breaks ties with nra

• Like 1

ORCA is offering 20% off their products - I just ordered a 26qt cooler. Lifetime warranty on hard coolers, made in the USA. 

• Like 1

"Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment."

That's from YETI's statement.

Now-a-days, this kind of verbiage is basically meaningless. Who is going to come out and say, "I do NOT support the Constitution! I do NOT have a commitment to the  Constitution".

So that part of the statement is just fluff saying nothing.

As for "belief and commitment to the Second Amendment" - while it is true some far-left liberals (and not so far-left) have come out and said they want to repeal the 2A, virtually everyone else "claims" to support the 2A - but what THEIR support of it is and what the NRA's (and most of us here) support of it is is often radically different. Even that kid from Parkland "claims" to support the 2A !! Again, this is just fluff that says nothing really.

When some one or some organization says they support the 2A, they need to be asked to clarify what their support means. Does it mean banning some semi-auto rifles? Does it mean only allowing guns used for hunting? Does it mean background checks on all ammo purchases? Does it mean no concealed carry? Because ALL of those things come from the mouths of people who say they "support" the 2A.

So for YETI to say they support the constitution and the 2A means nothing in and of itself. If a company is in a direct relationship with the NRA, that tells me a little bit more about what they support.

I haven't paid much attention to this YETI thing so I really can't say what it is they really believe and support wrt the 2A - my only point is, that part of their public statement is meaningless.

Twitter pelican coolers, pelican proud.  Gives you info on special offer.  I love it, they jumped right in yeti spot

This is strange no? I’ve been an NRA for a number of years but I must admit this rubs me the wrong way.

IMG_3385.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk