IGNORED

Tuna

Mountain Goat

34 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Canyon runner is best in business.

jenny Lee is also a proven producer

I agree 100 %....the only 2 I fish in NJ with. Canyon Runner is expensive,  but produce. Dave Bender from Jenny Lee is great and runs a heck of a business. I have a trip w Jenny Lee in Sept. I still prefer fishing for tuna in Cape Cod and recommend it over NJ. If you go that route.....go w Capt Bobby Rice of Reel Deal Charters 

Edited by nmc02

Starts with your budget. If you want to sleep on couches, eat stove cooked food and watch TV and the trip is 24-36 hours.  Or jump a large center console and eat canned meat and poptarts and  sleep on beanbags on the way in and out. Trips will be 16-24 hours. Also your location will determine which port you leave out of.  

Got married and had kids.. uuugghhh... Haven't tuna fshed in a long time. Lol. 

Nick

Think I am going to go this year. I am not a big fan of going out for a day and a half or more so I only do it every few years even though my brother asks me to go every year. Not sure why I don't care for it because we pound them every time. If I can captain the boat I am fine but if not I hate it. The last time I was out I was driving in the Hudson canyon and the big eye were on fire. They wolf packed the spread with a huge explosion. Somewhere on this site is the video. Last year I sent my boy in my place and they destroyed the yellow fin

Then came in and got their over and under on blue fin

post-93-0-32456600-1502833915.jpeg

2 hours ago, rgw said:

Think I am going to go this year. I am not a big fan of going out for a day and a half or more so I only do it every few years even though my brother asks me to go every year. Not sure why I don't care for it because we pound them every time. If I can captain the boat I am fine but if not I hate it. The last time I was out I was driving in the Hudson canyon and the big eye were on fire. They wolf packed the spread with a huge explosion. Somewhere on this site is the video. Last year I sent my boy in my place and they destroyed the yellow fin

Then came in and got their over and under on blue fin

post-93-0-32456600-1502833915.jpeg

Go to cape cod. 8 hour trip, 1-20 mile off shore and all big fish