IGNORED

PA opener golden rainbow awesome!

hemlock

Got out this morning for the PA opener and there was a lot of fisherman. I started covering ground hitting runs, riffles and pockets but not a bite. Then after an hour of that I decided to go try my luck in the big run with all the other fisherman. I noticed why they were all huddled at the end of the run and realized there was a golden there. No sooner did I spot the golden but looked up and saw a bald eagle fly over that was really cool. I fished for awhile basically putting everything in front of the golden but no take.  And finally I got him to hit . It was a great morning only got one trout and only saw maybe a half dozen caught out of a mess of fisherman. it was slow for spin and fly guys. The golden is my biggest to date. I was really happy when I hooked into this fish I had no idea he was as big as he was until I saw him turn sideways and I was like holy crap!! After a long fight I finally had him in my hands and it made my day big time. And last night I said to buck 154 maybe I hope to get lucky and get a golden so when it happened it was really awesome.  Cool!  

EFRV8830.jpeg

1 minute ago, Buck154 said:

Big congrats on him. Like you said in that text yesterday you were going to try for a golden....Holy Crap you got one and a giant too. 24" is a awesome fish. What did the others guys on the stream say when you got it?

They were like holy crap when they saw it break water. And another guy on the opposite side had it go by him in the water and he said that is a big ass trout lol