IGNORED

Shad Beat Down

Buck154

Decided to take my Kayak to the Delaware for my day off today. Well it started a little slow but it picked up big time. Caught shad till I was tired of catching....(which is a lot) one bad thing today was i forget my net and it was a pain landing those slimy suckers. 

Forgot to mention that I had at least doubles on. :eek:20180413_094944.jpg

20180413_092424.jpg

20180413_105951.jpg

20180413_124814.jpg

20180413_210450.jpg

Edited by Buck154

i swear you have gills!    Well done - I told you there are shad to be caught waaay South, not just the super secret honey hole I showed you way north..

And with 44 degree water tonight at that super secret spot, and nary a hit - it's southbound I go tomorrow! 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Nice job John! 

5 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

i swear you have gills!    Well done - I told you there are shad to be caught waaay South, not just the super secret honey hole I showed you way north..

And with 44 degree water tonight at that super secret spot, and nary a hit - it's southbound I go tomorrow! 

They are not up by us yet Jack...Soon enough though. Will get a live report tomorrow as ASFTAX is going to try for muskies then shad in the river in the morning.  

10 hours ago, LPJR said:

Nice job John! 

They are not up by us yet Jack...Soon enough though. Will get a live report tomorrow as ASFTAX is going to try for muskies then shad in the river in the morning.  

they are always up by up even in March - when the water temps are there, I catch them much earlier than this.. This afternoon could break wide open, but heading south none the less... High 38 tomorrow, and that will kill it again..

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

12 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Yeah you know how it is. It's fishing. The fish might be there up north but the water temp is a little cold for them to be active.  Couple more degrees and it going to start