3 months later

Codaboy

I ordered a 12'cts vaportrail 2-4 ounce surf rod blank the first week of jaunary. the blanks are made to order in acklund New Zealand so i understand the turn around time. i get a message today we are gonna start to make your blank where on the blank do you want the cts eched logo and sticker, i reply i dont want you logo or sticker on my rod, them its imperative that we put these items on the rod, me well it s imperative that i dont want your shit on my blank 330$ fuck off i dont want your stickers and lazer eching on my blank so order is now cancled. Thay wouldent put eching on butt where i could cover over Smdh

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Season is upon us so it is imperative you find someone local this time with a quick turn around:shock:
It sucks to wait, its even worse when you wait only to learn it is never coming
It really is over stickers 330 american dollars is like 520 nzd that s a lot of cash to loose over sticker placement

330 bucks for a blank is crazy.
All the companies are getting out of control.
Lami now wants almost 200 for a fiberglass blank that could be bought for 40 years for well under 100, and at one time 30 bucks 
But cts is one of the best, i picked up a odm nex1 3-8 proto type blank and it also was 300$

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

330 bucks for a blank is crazy.

All the companies are getting out of control.

Lami now wants almost 200 for a fiberglass blank that could be bought for 40 years for well under 100, and at one time 30 bucks 

I know this is not a fishing rod but I used to buy my hockey stick for $20. Now with the one piece composites you are lucky to fin a really bad one for $60, good light sticks are around $100 to $180 and I jus saw a stick in the store for $355. Keep in mind , unlike fishing rods, hockey stick is expected to break eventually. 

Yes they are getting out of control

I know this is not a fishing rod but I used to buy my hockey stick for $20. Now with the one piece composites you are lucky to fin a really bad one for $60, good light sticks are around $100 to $180 and I jus saw a stick in the store for $355. Keep in mind , unlike fishing rods, hockey stick is expected to break eventually. 
Yes they are getting out of control
Same materiel used in both application and pool cues. i had a conversation with the designer of rod geeks x comp series rod blanks and he told me it only cost 40$ for materiel s and laber build. These company s are making a killing all at once instead of a little at a time

Man I've been out of the surf rod business too long. I like my standard lamiglas and Loomis g2s. If I can't reach the fish I'll get a boat.  Lol
Sorry to hear they won't work with you on that. Sucks. 
Nick
Over a stupid sticker. the rep wanted to put it on the male end of the Ferrell. im like thats why your a rep. nope refund my cash check is going in the mail tomorrow so looks like fiberstar is next in line, and it s only gonna be used for fluking off the beach i have a black hole east coast 2-6 11" for plugs

• 1 year later...