IGNORED

renzetti or regal

Kype

Nice!   A Nikon fan!  Don't listen to Haskell...he'll be chiming in any second! :rofl:

OK, you see that little flower icon on the dial...that's the macro mode!  Turn it to that, get a good stable rest for the camera (hands free is possible), you can even rest it on a desk, books, etc.  That should be able to get those close up pics of your flies! :up:

Also helps to get some extra light...light is GREAT thing for photos!  Shine a flashlight or a lamp or something on the fly! :up:

ok cool. my wife seems to think that you need a macro lens to take macro photos. I don't know anything about photography so I just assumed she knew what she was talking about lol. is  there even macro lens? or is she hinting to me that she doesn't really care for photography, but is happy I bought her a camera lol. by the way this camera never gets used. sits in the case in the closet...

A macro lens certainly helps in that it's specialized for that purpose, but you can get some good results sometimes with the preset modes and a standard lens.  Worth a try for sure :)

Photographing a tied fly, you aren't really looking to macro in on the eyes (micro/macroscopic level)...you're just trying to get a good closeup to show off the detail

A macro lens certainly helps in that it's specialized for that purpose, but you can get some good results sometimes with the preset modes and a standard lens.  Worth a try for sure [emoji4]
Photographing a tied fly, you aren't really looking to macro in on the eyes (micro/macroscopic level)...you're just trying to get a good closeup to show off the detail

Love the topic, unfortunately i dont have the macro option. I would love to start posting step by step instructions on tying some flys. I have one we named “koolaid” which is one of the hottest rainbow trout/steelhead flys i have ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM