IGNORED

NJ Assembly Passes Six Gun Control Bills

17 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Drove to NH this past weekend to look at property.  This state doesn't deserve my tax dollars.

You know you don't have to move that far. You could just hop on this side of the river. We need more people to stop the bad NJians and NYkers.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

10 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

Ok so whats new IMO it is nothing that will hurt Hunting or Sports Shooting                                                                          If you fell I am wrong please point out the proposal that hurts Gun Owners in NJ.                                                Hundreds show up in protest as Millions supported it.   With a Democrat Majority and a Token few Republicans it is a wonder they di not ask and get more.  opposed to Mag Sizes and Permit Measures That's all the Republican could come up with Lip Serves to liberal Republicans.

last night at the gun seminar evan Nappen said as written now they will make all AR's illegal  all 50 calibers weapons including muzzleloaders and pistols and any semi auto that has a handle in front of action as written includes shotguns Will be Banned his words including a forearm. he said all these laws are being written vague to make them hard to understand and can be interperated  as needed.. so yes they can effect hunting and sport shooting....

Edited by buckhound

45 minutes ago, buckhound said:

last night at the gun seminar evan Nappen said as written now they will make all 

The sky is not falling as many would preach for a  Donation to fight for you.  The proposal is just That the wording will have to be in the Bill to be passed yes with Mumble Jumble that is when the Lawers step in to get their pc of the Pie and the Preachers get theirs.  The 2nd amendment has many interpretations that the Supreme Court Interprets It cannot be Removed only Amened. There lies the Danger  If the liberals take control of the Courts. Can The USA Government force all the firearms to be confiscated Yes can they amend the 2nd amendment to eliminate the right to Bear r Arms Yes   WIL it Happen NO. Why Lessons learned when the National Guard Military Force was used against  American Citizens and WW 1 Veterans resulting in many Killed.          Ever get the feeling you are a Pawn in The Game as The government today is fighting against Veterans Benefits and Citizens Rights.  Your Vote does not count as a Majority as they do as they want.                                          Now send me $100 and I will Fight them for you, not Tax Deductible   

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

15 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

The sky is not falling as many would preach for a  Donation to fight for you.  The proposal is just That the wording will have to be in the Bill to be passed yes with Mumble Jumble that is when the Lawers step in to get their pc of the Pie and the Preachers get theirs.  The 2nd amendment has many interpretations that the Supreme Court Interprets It cannot be Removed only Amened. There lies the Danger  If the liberals take control of the Courts. Can The USA Government force all the firearms to be confiscated Yes can they amend the 2nd amendment to eliminate the right to Bear r Arms Yes   WIL it Happen NO. Why Lessons learned when the National Guard Military Force was used against  American Citizens and WW 1 Veterans resulting in many Killed.          Ever get the feeling you are a Pawn in The Game as The government today is fighting against Veterans Benefits and Citizens Rights.  Your Vote does not count as a Majority as they do as they want.                                          Now send me $100 and I will Fight them for you, not Tax Deductible   

I may not have been clear so i will make a new post this was passed in Nerw Jersey not a  yesterday still has to go to the next vote and then to governor to be signed.......nothing to do with washington or a proposal in nj he said this would go to vote in next step and move to be signed  also the bill to allow medical people say your mental to have guns removed passed that would even include nurses. all this is at this time but could be amended ..

Edited by buckhound

10 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

The proposal is just That the wording will have to be in the Bill to be passed yes with Mumble Jumble that is when the Lawers step in to get their pc of the Pie and the Preachers get theirs.

Boy, are you gullible. You do realize that the vast majority of people on here are going to be considered criminals in just a few short weeks?

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2761_I1.HTM

This bill bans firearm magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.  Magazines capable of holding up to 15 rounds of ammunition currently are legal in New Jersey. 

The bill makes its provisions effective immediately, but allows for a 180-day grace period to transfer, render inoperable, or voluntarily surrender a semi-automatic rifle or magazine that will be unlawful under the bill.

You actually think the wording in this bill is going to be changed before it becomes law?

Law-abiding citizens are going to go to bed one day, wake up the next day and be considered criminals.  This is going to happen. Very soon. Thanks to the NJ politicians.

this is how stupid these democrats are Nappen said that the way it is worded that a grace period for doing something with magazines i think its 6 months makes during that time any magazine legal in nj.....

also making a weapon inoperable at this point  would not be an option  that was asked last night.....  also he said the way it is written would make it illegal upon signing to do a P to P sale without NICS check..

11 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Boy, are you gullible. You do realize that the vast majority of people on here are going to be considered criminals in just a few short weeks?

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2761_I1.HTM

You actually think the wording in this bill is going to be changed before it becomes law?

Law-abiding citizens are going to go to bed one day, wake up the next day and be considered criminals.  This is going to happen. Very soon. Thanks to the NJ politicians.

Get Real No one will be Arrested or put in jail 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

* A2761: Ban magazines in the state that hold more than 10 rounds, with some exceptions. It passed 48-25, with 3 abstentions.

People who currently own magazines with more than 10 rounds could keep their firearms, though they would have to register them and pay a $50 fee. 

I'm not 100% clear on this....so we have to pin them or hand them in and still register and pay $50 or register and pay $50 to keep them?

28 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Get Real No one will be Arrested or put in jail 

Yes, they will.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/n-retiree-facing-10-years-prison-antique-pistol-article-1.2119340

Just read that.  You can 100% guarantee that people will get arrested so the liberal Democrats can make an example of them.  Every single asinine gun law that has been passed was enforced to the maximum extent of the law.

I'm sorry, but you are incredibly misguided on this issue.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

37 minutes ago, NJ Predator said:

* A2761: Ban magazines in the state that hold more than 10 rounds, with some exceptions. It passed 48-25, with 3 abstentions.

People who currently own magazines with more than 10 rounds could keep their firearms, though they would have to register them and pay a $50 fee. 

I'm not 100% clear on this....so we have to pin them or hand them in and still register and pay $50 or register and pay $50 to keep them?

Please tell me where that is in any of these bills. I read that in the NJ.com article but it is found nowhere that I can see. Read the link I just posted above which is the ACTUAL language of the bil. AFAICS, You have no option but to give up your 15+ round magazines or be considered criminal.

And 1957Buck - drive to the range with your 15-round mags in your car, and when a cop pulls you over, asks to inspect your weapons, and sees your 15-round magazine, just tell him "get real, you aren't going to arrest me." See how far that gets you.

7 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Please tell me where that is in any of these bills. I read that in the NJ.com article but it is found nowhere that I can see. Read the link I just posted above which is the ACTUAL language of the bil. AFAICS, You have no option but to give up your 15+ round magazines or be considered criminal.

And 1957Buck - drive to the range with your 15-round mags in your car, and when a cop pulls you over, asks to inspect your weapons, and sees your 15-round magazine, just tell him "get real, you aren't going to arrest me." See how far that gets you.

Bowhunter posted the link on the 1st page...scroll a little down and that's where the Law says what I copy and pasted

2 minutes ago, NJ Predator said:

Bowhunter posted the link on the 1st page...scroll a little down and that's where the Law says what I copy and pasted

Right, as I say, its on the NJ.com article (that's Bowhunter's link on the 1st page). The article says:

But now look at the language of A2761 (don't trust NJ.com - read the actual language our politicians are using). This is the link to it: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2761_I1.HTM

There is absolutely nothing here about a $50 fee and you can keep being a law-abiding citizen and own a 15 round magazine. In fact, it says the opposite - you can't keep it or you must render it inoperable (I read this that you can't even pin it to 10 - the word is "inoperable" - meaning, break it):

4.    (New section)  Any person who legally owns a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 10 rounds or a large capacity ammunition magazine as defined under subsection y. of N.J.S.2C:39-1 which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition on the effective date of P.L.     , c.     (C.       ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill) may retain possession of that rifle or magazine for a period not to exceed 180 days from the effective date of this act.  During this time period, the owner of the semi-automatic rifle or magazine shall: 

a.     Transfer the semi-automatic rifle or magazine to any person or firm lawfully entitled to own or possess that firearm or magazine;

b.    Render the semi-automatic rifle or magazine inoperable; or

c.     Voluntarily surrender the semi-automatic rifle or magazine pursuant to the provisions of N.J.S.2C:39-12.