IGNORED

NJ Assembly Passes Six Gun Control Bills

Well looks like it passed assembly today :down:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/03/lawmakers_just_voted_make_nj_gun_laws_even_tougher.html

The state Assembly voted Monday to pass six bills to make New Jersey's already strict gun laws even tougher amid the national outcry for more gun control in the wake of the Florida school shooting.

Lawmakers did so even as hundreds of people descended upon the state's capital to protest the measures.

The proposals include reducing the number of bullets allowed in a magazine, banning armor-piercing bullets, strictly defining that residents must show a "justifiable need" to obtain a permit to carry a handgun, expanding background checks, and making it harder for people with mental illness and those who pose a threat to obtain guns in the state. 

The votes come two days after thousands of people across the world called for more gun laws in March for Our Lives rallies, organized by the student survivors of last month's massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. There were multiple rallies throughout New Jersey on Saturday. 

Democrats, who control the Assembly, voted overwhelmingly for all the bills at the Statehouse in Trenton, and many Republicans also voted in favor of some. Republicans largely opposed the magazine and permit measures.

The state Senate -- which is also controlled by Democrats -- now must pass the bills before they head to Gov. Phil Murphy's desk. 

We knew this was coming even before the last election. Once any Democrat got into office, it was going to happen. I'm just impressed how fast the Democrats in this state work to put their boots on our throats.

All those people that have 15-round mags will soon become criminals overnight. But hey - at least we got rid of fat boy, right?! :whacky:

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Ok so whats new IMO it is nothing that will hurt Hunting or Sports Shooting                                                                          If you fell I am wrong please point out the proposal that hurts Gun Owners in NJ.                                                Hundreds show up in protest as Millions supported it.   With a Democrat Majority and a Token few Republicans it is a wonder they di not ask and get more.  opposed to Mag Sizes and Permit Measures That's all the Republican could come up with Lip Serves to liberal Republicans.

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

1 hour ago, 1957Buck said:

Ok so whats new IMO it is nothing that will hurt Hunting or Sports Shooting                                                                          If you fell I am wrong please point out the proposal that hurts Gun Owners in NJ.                                                Hundreds show up in protest as Millions supported it.   With a Democrat Majority and a Token few Republicans it is a wonder they di not ask and get more.  opposed to Mag Sizes and Permit Measures That's all the Republican could come up with Lip Serves to liberal Republicans.

It is not about whether it hurts hunting or sports shooting.  It is about the knocking back of our rights.  What will be next in the hit list?

1 hour ago, Oneday121o said:

I didn’t even know armor piercing rounds were legal.

They aren't - federal law prohibits them. 18 U.S. Code § 922 - https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922

This is just our NJ politicians doing the typical "let's pass something, anything, to pretend we are doing something - even if it means declaring something illegal that is already illegal".

Quite honestly, I wish this is the only kind of law they would pass - a "do-nothing-but-pretend-to-be-something" law. If it makes them feel important and helps them pretend that they accomplished something, good for them.

so if they go through as written now they will make all AR's illegal  all 50 calibers weapons including muzzleloaders and pistols and any semi auto that has a handle in front of action as written includes shotguns.this is what was talked about tonight at the evan Nappen seminar...

Edited by buckhound

3 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

I understand how simple you make it sound. Gee, it won't hurt hunting/shooting.  The 2A is not about either of those and laws were already  overly strict, and you and other who feel the same way can't understand that hunting is not a right as opposed to the 2A.   You forgot about the measure that requires a background check on all private sales that have to go through a FFL dealer. 

The issue you raise about a democrat majority is right and luckily for the NRA you have an advocate who fights to preserve the 2A and stands up for gunowners like the 2 suspended kids in Lacey.   Whenever a democrat majority exists the first thing they try to implement is more gun laws or higher taxes.   There were republicans who opposed every measure but it doesn't matter when the majority runs you over and says "we feel this is all you should have".  I never could or will support any democrat because of the constant assault on freedom in general and the 2A in particular, not to mention the support they give to the anti-hunting nut cases.  I know what's at stake and "think" before I feel, others feel first and think later or put money and security before freedom and that is the most dangerous.    You can bet that the far majority of democrats who will vote to pass these laws don't own a gun, never fired a gun or went through the process to get an FID but they "feel" it should be done.  Ludicrous. 

What if they "feel" a semi auto shotgun is too dangerous with a 5 shot mag.  Will you say the same thing then because eventually that is coming. Simply owning a 15 round mag will make you a criminal soon. 

These new laws will be abused by the courts to take away your rights and you'll have to fight to get them back like the Lacey kids had to and they never should have been suspended in the 1st place.  Law abiding gun owners are not the problem.  Let's see the murder numbers one year after this crap passes and whether or not it saved one life. 

To use the democrat logic if it saves one life to deport all illegal immigrants then the most stringent immigration laws must be passed and rid the country  of the risk. 

Remember no more FTF sales! This way they have a log of ALL firearm transfers! Besides the cost of that transfer. It is making money for this scumbag state!

Might as well say it is a gun registry!

Edited by 1563621

LOcal channel 6 reports about 2,000 people at the capital. I realize it was a Monday but this is clearly not enough people. 

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford