IGNORED

DIY Wooden Poppers

toze777

Going to try to make some poppers from wood,   trying to find out something simialar to blue prints ,,    lenghts , height, Dia. etc...    but cant really seem to find anything , or im looking in the wrong places like my daughters tell me .  Making a small wooden lathe from an old drill. whick i think should work fine, 

wanted to do somehting like these, 

20sandeelneedlekit.jpg

bigblabbermouthkit.jpg

popper-2.jpg

hardest part of that is getting the lure sealed well on the inside where the thru wire goes in ,

I had a friend whos stuff looked awesome that water getting inside the lure drove him crazy as once they get wet from inside the paint comes off .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

25 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

hardest part of that is getting the lure sealed well on the inside where the thru wire goes in ,

I had a friend whos stuff looked awesome that water getting inside the lure drove him crazy as once they get wet from inside the paint comes off .

The finnish is one thing but worse once its wet they dont swim correctly.

For the OP. Just grab some plugs you have and meausure. The top one is a needlefish. Bottom is a polaris or a littleneck.

Get Jann's Netcraft Catalog has a wealth of info and Parts You don't seal the hole the wire goes thru you epoxy plug it then adds Finish.    The photo is what My Grandfather used to make out of Cloths pins  Don't over think the Styles or Shapes remember Plain ol Cedar Pugs Catch Bass

clothes-pin-lure.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif