User Ratings/Reactions (Like/Upvote/Downvote/Agree/Disagree/etc)

So I see to the right of each post a new way to "react". The two new ways are upvote and dwonvote. What is that?
I assume downvote is the opposite  of "like" but how is "like" different from upvote? :shock:

• Disagree 1
3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

agree /disagree 

Ok, thanks, so where is the number for the "Member's total reputation" come from? Is it likes? Upvote, Down Vote? Is " like" the same as Upvote in this respect?

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

OK, so we have a rating/reputation system with the new software.  I've just renamed Upvote to Agree, and Downvote to Disagree to align with the prior site's rating system (of which the data  still needs to be ported into this new software, I'll get there no worries).  The member rating simply sums the +1/0/-1 ratings of the different types of ratings that a member receives from other members on their posted content (i.e. such as a Like (+1) on a topic comment).

Here is a screenshot of the current configuration, note these icons may be updated over time or added to. :up:

reactions.png

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

OK, so we have a rating/reputation system with the new software.  I've just renamed Upvote to Agree, and Downvote to Disagree to align with the prior site's rating system (of which the data  still needs to be ported into this new software, I'll get there no worries).  The member rating simply sums the +1/0/-1 ratings of the different types of ratings that a member receives from other members on their posted content (i.e. such as a Like (+1) on a topic comment).

Here is a screenshot of the current configuration, note these icons may be updated over time or added to. :up:

reactions.png

Well thank you,

I think agree disagree is easier to understand if you new to the site

thanks

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1