Thunderchicken

20 guage turkey rig

I'm thinking of putting together a 20 gauge turkey gun for those run and gun days. Especially with the new TSS loads I think I can make a bad ass turkey rig. Anybody toting a 20 gauge now for the thunder chickens??:up:

• Like 3

I setup my nephew with a Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge with a primos tightwad scope.  Good patterns out to 40 yards with federal heavyweight #7.  I keep kicking around the idea of having my H&R single shot 20 gauge threaded for choke tubes.  Would be an easy carrying and ligtweight gun.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I’m planning on using my 1187 12 gauge but have been thinking about using a youth 870 for the same reasons. Just to get a tighter choke, pattern etc

• Like 1

My daughter set up is a Mossberg mini 20 guage with a jebs choke, topped off with a tru glow gobble stopper det dot and shooting #5 Winchester longboards. Awesome litle rig that packs a hell of a punch.

SS!

• Like 2

Get em close, 

My buddys in Ohio are all hunting with a single shot 410 .

birds have to be close, but they are having a blast 

• Like 3

Rem 1100 extra full choke  set it up last year  awesome patterns  . Sooooo much lighter than my old Spanish double 

• Like 2

I have a Mossberg 500 20ga with a SSX Choke, using HeviShot 13, really good patterns....I had the gun hydrodipped in camo

• Like 3

I will be huning with my 12g this year, but I have heard that the mighty twenty gets the job done -ammo is better, chokes better. I may have to get a 20g setup for next year.

• Like 2

I will be hunting this year with  a Weatherby SA-08 20 gauge. Had it dipped in camo. Shooting federal heavyweight shot. Have a SSX choke but just got a sumtoy custom choke. Heading to the range this weekend.

• Like 1

For those shooting a 20, I have my gf set up with a Mossberg 500, I'm torn between shooting #5s or #6s.  The 6's group better, but I hear the #5s will have a little bit more knockdown power in that 40 yd range.  The 5's also group nice, but not as great as the 6's. 

• Like 1