IGNORED

Interesting insight on Tapatalk

BowhunterNJ

Very interesting perspective, insight and tough/good decision made (in the best interest of the forum and business) to end their usage of Tapatalk.

https://androidforums.com/threads/tapatalk-is-being-discontinued.1125895/

I've observed the same with Tapatalk, as they tried to harness content on their servers at their client's expense, which is why I'm actually paying Tapatalk a monthly fee to force content to be uploaded here on my server instead of theirs.  It really is disadvantageous from a business perspective to use Tapatalk, I just eat the cost because many of you guys are Tapatalk fans.  I use it as well from time to time, but their ad revenue sucks (literally doesn't pay for their monthly fee) and their app is very limited (forums only, but it's primarily what you guys use).

Just something to think about...maybe it's a better approach to push away from Tapatalk and use the site's mobile viewing exclusively.  It keeps things uniform and consistent.  It allows for access to all the site's content.  The only downside is Tapatalk users have to adjust, which is a pain.  What do you guys think?

Yes, generally when people can't upload with Tapatalk, they can just use their device browser to visit the site and upload directly through the device's browser.

I also found this comment funny on that topic.  Winter is one of the owners of Tapatalk I believe, I've worked with him in the past on issues with their software.

I was a Tapatalk beta tester from Tapatalk 2. 

Then Winter got $5 million and moved to San Francisco and put it up his nose. 

Taking six weeks off every other month for Chinese Festivals didn't help either.

I do a lot of windshield time I use tap talk for everything.

I subscribed to three four five different forums and I get it on one page and I can click on what I want to see.

Not sure about limitations

I do feel at times I miss a few postings or listings or conversations that I can only find if I search.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use tapatalk.  I find it's useful in some respects.  But, it's really kind of crappy with notifications (likes, other comments).  I have no problem using the site through the browser.  Uploading stuff through tapatalk is kind of clunky too.  

Just create your own NJWW app. J/K. If it really is troublesome for the site, I could get over it and use the mobile browser platform. I think tapatalk actually bring in more users as you pick your interest and it recommends forums tailored to your liking. That is how I found NJHunter and then I remember JerseyJay spammed the link to this site and glad I was glad he did!

I far prefer my laptop to my phone and Tapatalk when it comes to this site, but I have used Tapatalk for a long time now.  I am fine with bailing on it since I don't like the lack of certain features versus being on my laptop as I am now.  I'll download it to my Iphone today and play around with that version instead of Tapatalk.  

With the new update it seems every few clicks Tapatalk is asking me to pay a monthly subscription fee. I can see how they are becoming a money grabbing company. It was bad enough they had delayed loading ads. You would go to click on a forum article and then an ad would pop up so you would acidently click on it.

Yes go back to the mobil view, i use tapatalk now since a bunch of fossils here out voted me on the mobil version. If you get rid of tapatalk you need the mobil version, i use my phone exclusively since i am on the road 90% of the time. If i have to go back to the desk top version and scroll, zoom and all the other bs you go through using a phone with the desk top version i doubt i would post much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM