IGNORED

Great Room Build

tjfslaughter

I will bet you 5 bucks you can't build and finish that in 4 weekends.

It won’t be 4 weekends straight but I will probably knock it out in 4 different weekends. It’s actually not a lot of work. Mine won’t be as intricate but the trim will be matched to the age of my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little done yesterday. We are doing some built ins around the house so these cabinets are to the right of the fireplace in the kitchen. Also made the templates up to take to the granite fabricator. The large slab in the laundry room will be fun to drop in. Millwork should be 90% done in the next 4 weeks. Then onto hardwood floors and fireplace work. IMG_3636.JPGIMG_3637.JPGIMG_3638.JPGIMG_3643.JPG

• 1 month later...

IMG_3862.JPGIMG_3863.JPG

Slowly chugging along. This is the start of the trim work. There is a cap that also goes around the trim. This is a custom blade/profile that I have that matches the rest of the house. Will be ordering the hardwood floors next month. Goal at this point is to be done late summer including the landscaping/deck.

On 12/17/2018 at 5:34 PM, tjfslaughter said:

I am usually up at 430 on weekends laying out tools with noise starting at 630 inside the house. Wife has Bose noise cancelling headphones.... usually knock off around 2-3. I am very anal about making sure I work as proficient as possible with my tools, how many steps I take, down time, every move is forward progress, etc. I try to look at every aspect and lean it down to optimize my time.

Again cease this practice immediately if wives see this it makes the rest of us look bad. 

• 6 months later...