IGNORED

Mobile Viewing

BowhunterNJ

Mobile Viewing Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. When viewing on mobile devices, do you prefer the default mobile skin or the full sized desktop skin?

• Default mobile skin
    • Full sized desktop skin

4 hours ago, maximus66 said:

I liked the mobil skin, where the hell did it go? And how do i get back to it? This gave us the ability to do things in the mobil version which were unavailable previously without jumping between versions for certain reply actions. Its gonna really piss me off if you guys take it away now. 

ALWAYS have to be DIFFICULT :rofl:

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 hours ago, maximus66 said:

I liked the mobil skin, where the hell did it go? And how do i get back to it? This gave us the ability to do things in the mobil version which were unavailable previously without jumping between versions for certain reply actions. Its gonna really piss me off if you guys take it away now. 

Shh before my cats scratches your mouth 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

13 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Hey guys, kicking off a topic on mobile viewing of the site.

Before (just now), the site was configured to detect device resolution and re-skin/resize the mobile display to fit the device.  I've now disabled that so the full desktop view of the site shows on all devices whether phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, etc.  I just tested this on my iPhone.  Do you feel this viewing is better?  Please answer the poll :up:

I will add that Google is big on mobile viewing of websites, so I'm not sure if I can stick with the full website viewing.  I'll give it some time for users to answer the poll and Google to scan the latest site to determine a course of action. :up:

I simply don’t understand why anyone using a phone to view/ post would want the desktop version

AWM

3 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

I simply don’t understand why anyone using a phone to view/ post would want the desktop version

Unfortunately with the default forum software, it doesn't seem like there is an easy way to allow for both.  I already opened a ticket on it and asked.  So this will have to go with the majority until I can figure out a way to allow for switching.  For site viewing, I tend to prefer the full site as well, I don't mind zooming and scrolling around.  For forum only usage, I tend to favor Tapatalk for a quick view.

4 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

It’s so much easier to use

What in gods name are you talking about. The mobil skin let you do everything without scrolling, zooming in and out and all the other bs involved with using a phone. I used the mobil version on the old format but then you had to switch over to post pics and even give a like or emoticon. The new version was so user friendly a friggin gorilla could use it. Desk top sucks period. 

AWM

10 minutes ago, maximus66 said:

What in gods name are you talking about. The mobil skin let you do everything without scrolling, zooming in and out and all the other bs involved with using a phone. I used the mobil version on the old format but then you had to switch over to post pics and even give a like or emoticon. The new version was so user friendly a friggin gorilla could use it. Desk top sucks period. 

Haha, well you are right in some respects...mobile/responsive viewing is the new mainstay in app designs.  The "desktop" view and usage is decreasing more and more each day.  Most users are on phones nowadays.