IGNORED

Mobile Viewing

BowhunterNJ

Mobile Viewing Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. When viewing on mobile devices, do you prefer the default mobile skin or the full sized desktop skin?

• Default mobile skin
    • Full sized desktop skin

Hey guys, kicking off a topic on mobile viewing of the site.

Before (just now), the site was configured to detect device resolution and re-skin/resize the mobile display to fit the device.  I've now disabled that so the full desktop view of the site shows on all devices whether phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, etc.  I just tested this on my iPhone.  Do you feel this viewing is better?  Please answer the poll :up:

I will add that Google is big on mobile viewing of websites, so I'm not sure if I can stick with the full website viewing.  I'll give it some time for users to answer the poll and Google to scan the latest site to determine a course of action. :up:

I liked the mobil skin, where the hell did it go? And how do i get back to it? This gave us the ability to do things in the mobil version which were unavailable previously without jumping between versions for certain reply actions. Its gonna really piss me off if you guys take it away now. 

Edited by maximus66

AWM