IGNORED

Starting the minerals early this year.

Decided to take advantage of a wet thawed ground and most importantly see the best drainage during floods. Giving up my historical spot behind house in favor of a big apple tree near my community scrape. I will miss looking out my window all summer and seeing the racks through binoculars but it just got too wet back there and this is actually closer to summer food sources. Soil was great here with water running everywhere else. Put up a cam and will see how early they hit the Lucky Buck. I am a good 4 weeks ahead of schedule.

C7FD4CED-4A36-4A0C-958D-3B4AAC1A1E81.jpeg

156C1E59-2B45-4BBF-B076-16BCE140C8F4.jpeg

DD20152E-010C-48BA-AE68-9B629932B912.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

yeah we know your a non typical :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

ummm Joe, it says right on there "helps grow the bone" so why wouldn't I sprinkle a teaspoon a day on some yummy vanilla ice cream?

Wait till you get in your 50s young man

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

A guy from my work gave me one of the rack rocks by Black Magic. I put it out in one of my spots this past Thursday. Checked the area earlier today and took a pic of what is left. The block was 6 lbs when taken out of the box. Either the deer are craving minerals like crazy this time of year, or the rain destroys these blocks as only a small piece of the block is left. Pulled all of my cameras and usually will not put one back up until the middle of June give or take..........  

678760.jpg

block.jpg

How close to water sources do you need to be with minerals? I'm maybe 200-275 yards up a hill on plateaus with water at the bottom. To far?

You can always put a water source there for them. Most of the time they hit the minerals then the water right after so the closer the better.