IGNORED

G5 Deadmeat

hammer4reel

I didn’t think you needed to tune Rage’s, Company says they fly like your fieldpoints so screw em on and your good to go, no catnip required

They do say that Gluteus Maximus but I like to practice with my equipment and tune my equipment. Any proficient hunter knows this. You owe it to the animal your hunting

Edited by Live to Hunt

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

I have been a spectacular up until now....here is my two cents. My opinion....not sure if anyone here is in the practice of reusing a shot broadhead, especially a mechanical. I think it is ridiculous to use a broadhead more than once. Who cares that it is bent or broken on a kill, as long as it is a clean kill. If you are shooting a broadhead more than once, you should do another sport. The exception would be if you can rebuild (new blades, tip, etc) on a mechanical. If it is a COC head (fixed blade), I hope you spend the time on learning how to resharpen.

Β 

My point, who cares if a mechanical head breaks into 10 pieces, as long as it does its job.

Thank you very much. Jack, Dan, Hammer, Gluteus Maximus can you read that. If it makes you happy it didn’t come from the Cat Guy

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

I'm not into it as much as some of you guys. In fact I rely on these post for in field info of equipment.Β  I use rage at the present time, but was disappointed in the bent point in hammers post.Β  I saw a broad head that looks interesting (thorn archery) could some of you check it out and offer a opinion?

I have been a spectacular up until now....here is my two cents. My opinion....not sure if anyone here is in the practice of reusing a shot broadhead, especially a mechanical. I think it is ridiculous to use a broadhead more than once. Who cares that it is bent or broken on a kill, as long as it is a clean kill. If you are shooting a broadhead more than once, you should do another sport. The exception would be if you can rebuild (new blades, tip, etc) on a mechanical. If it is a COC head (fixed blade), I hope you spend the time on learning how to resharpen.

Β 

My point, who cares if a mechanical head breaks into 10 pieces, as long as it does its job.

Β 

What the hell, I agree :shock:Β  :happywave:

rage provides a practice head. However; I have usedΒ it on 3 practice shotsΒ in the last several years without seeing any difference from field point. I practice with a field point an hunt with a Brodhead. I would not use a B.head that needs adjustment from a field point. That's too muchΒ bs, I am really not that much into it. Β Β 

I have been a spectator up until now....here is my two cents. My opinion....not sure if anyone here is in the practice of reusing a shot broadhead, especially a mechanical. I think it is ridiculous to use a broadhead more than once. Who cares that it is bent or broken on a kill, as long as it is a clean kill. If you are shooting a broadhead more than once, you should do another sport. The exception would be if you can rebuild (new blades, tip, etc) on a mechanical. If it is a COC head (fixed blade), I hope you spend the time on learning how to resharpen.

Β 

Β 

Β 

I have successfully Β reusedΒ broadheads after cleaning it and determining there was nothing wrong with it.Β However; most of the time I will change some parts of it, my head has 3 replaceable blades Β 

Ok I don’t think you answered my question or I’m a little slow. You know I come from the Jamesway days. The question is simple do you just buy broadheads screw them on your arrows and just start shooting doe or do you test your set up first at targets. See I treat my bow like my rifle. When I buy a new bullet I test it on a target before I test it on an animal. That’s what I do with broadheads. I would never use a live animal as my testing target. I hope you are doing the same.

Β 

I typed slower so you can follow it. I absolutely shoot and practice with every broadhead before hunting with it.

I tune each bow set up to shoot that broadhead to gain optimum flight .

Β 

what I didn't answer was your ridiculous question you refered to asking did I shoot non live game before shooting at a live doe.

Β 

you didn't say TARGET ,Β  but that was answered inΒ  the first line of my reply, you cant tune a bow to shoot a head without shooting itΒ 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

Β 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Β 

OP has been bashing RAGE broadheads on forums for years...Then goes practices with hyperdermics on does. But wont shoot bucks with them... My guess took a bad shot on a good deer and blamed the broadhead (rage).....Β  Β  Β 

Β 

I have never blamed a broadhead, go back and read that thread . It was written with proof and pictures for the guys who said it was impossible for a rage to not open.

deer was dead.

I just tried the hypodermic out due to the broadhead change going to the snap ring, and guys having good luck with them .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

Β 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Β 

can see there isn't a point in even asking about a head different than a rage headΒ  here as every thread gets derailed by the guys who shoot rage.

Β 

that's what i been saying for years - on here, NJH, an bowsite. I reported a factual "negative" event when i was shooting them, and was summarily bashed by every rage shooter on earth. I honestly still do not get this phenomenon, to this day!Β Β  It's as if you insulted someone's wife!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

They do say that Gluteus Maximus but I like to practice with my equipment and tune my equipment. Any proficient hunter knows this. You owe it to the animal your hunting

I also, my arrows are matched for grain weight, my set up is bareshaft and walk back tuned and every arrow broadhead combo is indexed and target shot for verification. If my broadheads don’t shave hair they are stropped until they do.

AWM

I have been a spectator up until now....here is my two cents. My opinion....not sure if anyone here is in the practice of reusing a shot broadhead, especially a mechanical. I think it is ridiculous to use a broadhead more than once. Who cares that it is bent or broken on a kill, as long as it is a clean kill. If you are shooting a broadhead more than once, you should do another sport. The exception would be if you can rebuild (new blades, tip, etc) on a mechanical. If it is a COC head (fixed blade), I hope you spend the time on learning how to resharpen.

Β 

So you’re saying that you never shoot a particular broadhead arrow combo until it’s shot at a deer? How do you know how it will perform? How do you know it will shoot to the same POI as your practice arrow. The disposable approach doesn’t and never will verify tune or POI. I think it’s rediculous not to test every arrow you intend on shooting an animal with.

AWM