IGNORED

Edison Fly Fishing Show this weekend

Bucksnbows

I haven't gone in a few years. One year a friend of mine got very sick after attending the Somerset show. The following year I got sick after going to Somerset. I think that place has legionnaire’s disease in the HVAC system or something. Something being thousands of people in close proximity in the middle of winter. If the latter is the reason the show in Edison would be no different. Point I am trying to make is after getting sick right after attending a crowded show I am done going to shows and expos.

Edited by 230jhp

Something being thousands of people in close proximity in the middle of winter.  the show in Edison would be no different. Point I am trying to make is after getting sick right after attending a crowded show I am done going to shows and expos.

Much better point than my excuse Even with this being one of the worst Flu seasons.  :down:   Bad enough my immune system is compromised enough than risk it for any Show.

My Show just came in the Mail 2018 Master Bass Pro Catalog. Cabelas On the way. 

Those going stay Healthy Enjoy  :cupcoffee:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Attended Friday, arrived at 9:15 am and it was filling quick.  It's a well put together show, lots to see, try and buy.  If you are a fly fisherman it's a must attend.  Comparing this show to the Outdoor Show is like comparing a grade school show to a Broadway show.

If your afraid of the flu then you should lock yourself in the house until the season is over, attending the show is no different then most work or shopping environments.

By all measures, this new venue was a huge success. They need to work out some kinks like their presentation rooms only having what is basically a black sheet separating rooms and having to listen to the speakers adjacent to the room you were in, but it was sold out with fly only booths. There was ample room to walk the aisles, far more room than the old Somerset location. As always, I enjoyed seeing lots of friends from the industry and chatting with the lodge I’ll be at in Labrador in July, chasing huge brook trout and landlocked Atlantic salmon plus pike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good show, enjoyed it and found some materials that aren’t easy to find. But just like all shows you have to walk the entire floor before buying due to price variation. Example, my son wanted some thingamabobbers for steelhead fishing. First place we stopped at wanted $1.89 each, Ramsey Outdoor had them for $15.49 for a five pack, another vendor wanted $2.49 each and finally found them at the Flyshack for $4.95 for a four pack. Well put together show all in all

AWM

Good show, enjoyed it and found some materials that aren’t easy to find. But just like all shows you have to walk the entire floor before buying due to price variation. Example, my son wanted some thingamabobbers for steelhead fishing. First place we stopped at wanted $1.89 each, Ramsey Outdoor had them for $15.49 for a five pack, another vendor wanted $2.49 each and finally found them at the Flyshack for $4.95 for a four pack. Well put together show all in all

You use the fish pimp indicators? Pretty good