IGNORED

Opinions On Purchase?

BHC

Got a KI350 for Christmas for my son,  The Field Archers recommendation.  Love it.   Paid 299 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/KI350-Performance-Crossbow-Deadening-Suppressors/dp/B01E10FEC8

If I get another for myself it will be the Excalibur Bulldog 400.

The Field Archer does some remarkable, clear, and  informative reviews of a few crossbows that I have seen on youtube. Worth checking some of them out. Higher prices does not always mean better equipment in my opinion..... 

My step pop and I are more than pleased with our first gen parker tornado's. Can't beat the lifetime warranty.

Last year after owning for 7 years, his limbs started to seperate, took it to the dealer and in a week had it back with new limbs, only had to pay for labor.

Have to agree with the unbelievable Parker warranty. Had an issue with a crossbow I bought used from a friend in the early fall and Parker was one of the best customer service oriented companies I have ever dealt with. Brand new limbs were shipped out within a week with zero issues....

The Field Archer does some remarkable, clear, and  informative reviews of a few crossbows that I have seen on youtube. Worth checking some of them out. Higher prices does not always mean better equipment in my opinion..... 

I spoke with Sam this morning, he gave me some great advice. He said the KI Furious 370 is the best bang for your dollar......Deathstaker is one hell of a crossbow as well

I’ve owned around a dozen crossbows and my current one is by far my favorite. I have a Stryker Katana 385. One of the best if not the best trigger and the quietest in the business. I can decock it without shooting it and it is a tack driver. Very narrow and easy to maneuver. Comes with a very good Octane scope. They have a 5 year warranty which, for me, is fine. This is not to say Tenpoint, Excalibur, Parker and others aren’t good Xbows. A lot of my opinion is based on the Xbow fitting me right and the Stryker does. I haven’t owned a Ravin or a Scorpyd yet but, from what I read, they are great as well. Like someone else said, they will all kill deer. But, all companies have had or will have their problems. When technology is moving as fast as it is in the Xbow business, there’s bound to be some hiccups. Make sure you shoot as many as you can to find one that’s comfortable to you.

Funny how these reviews always pop up and they’re always about “what’s the best?”. Well, I’d say that there probably aren’t that many “bad” ones out there! I have a Parker Enforcer (under some other name now) and it shoots quarters at 50 yards. My buddy and FIL have a Tornado both deadly accurate. Just a different look at it but, you never hear anything bad about a Parker.

1sm260gun1.gif

Funny how these reviews always pop up and they’re always about “what’s the best?”. Well, I’d say that there probably aren’t that many “bad” ones out there! I have a Parker Enforcer (under some other name now) and it shoots quarters at 50 yards. My buddy and FIL have a Tornado both deadly accurate. Just a different look at it but, you never hear anything bad about a Parker.

Parkers customer service is actually better than their crossbows. 

I have two friends who don't hunt that shoot crossbows a lot. The parkers blow up quite  often after a few hundred shots.

But they fix them and have them back in the guys hands in a few days turn around.

one friend I believe has had about 6 sets of limbs on a bushwacker, and four on his F4 Tornado.

most guys will never shoot in a lifetime what these guys shoot in a month , so more than likely will never have an issue with them.

I have an F4, and liked it a lot until I bought the KI with the FRT trigger. The trigger sets that crossbow way above my liking for the F4.

BUT  my same friend blew one of the KI up also . took about 10 days for them to do a turnaround .

one thing many of these guy that shoot them a lot is buy a xbow faster than you want. Then shoot much heavier bolts to slow them down.

Less breakage, quieter, and shoot more accuractly.

They all shot the executioner bolts but now are shooting zombie slayers and some custom bolts  even  heavier 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I spoke with Sam this morning, he gave me some great advice. He said the KI Furious 370 is the best bang for your dollar......Deathstaker is one hell of a crossbow as well

Tell him to post his videos here, he'll got a lot more views.  

Scorpyd Deathstalker is a great bow.  I own the R15 and the DS and I pretty much like the DS nearly as much.  It is a xbow 100% designed for hunting.   It's very light, pretty tight axle to axle (not as good as the ravin but still good), it's spot on accurate, and it shoots 380 FPS.  It cost about 1/2 of the R15.  Scorpyd gives a lifetime warranty and great service.  

The main downsides I can think of are: (1) You can't de-cock the DS (which doesn't matter much to me) like the Ravin and (2) the safety is manual (you have to set it after cocking life a rifle).  

I've also owned Ten Point and Barnett bows.  Ten Point was great too.  The Barnett I had did have some accuracy issues.  In my opinion most crossbows are more than accurate enough at hunting ranges.  The main thing for me is getting them as light and as tight axle to axle as I can.  It makes a big difference in a tree stand.  

Based on your last thread about getting the itch, you know you need it to shoot well above 360 FPS or else the deer are going to hop over the arrow every time you shoot!   :rofl:

I agree, last year I shot two bucks behind the tree I was in and if the limbs were just a little wider I could not do it.

I think This part has a plus and a minus. Yes I have to take a shot after every hunt but if I need to take a 2nd quick shot while hunting I can reload in few seconds. I am not sure you can do it as fast with the crank handle. I know its a process on a ten point system with a crank because friend of mine has one. Not only its is slow but also loud.

I bet you can kill a deer with every single one of them, I agree. It comes down to your personal preference and what you think may give you some advantage when in the woods. Like with broadheas one just has to find one he is comfortable with.

I like this thread, it is making me look at crossbows I never even heard of before:-)

Edited by Lunatic

BHC, why not treat this like any other gun/bow purchase and go and shoot as many different models you can. Then make your choice, instead of coming on here and asking for everyones opinion.

You know what they say about opinions

Good luck!

Edited by mightyhunter