IGNORED

Opinions On Purchase?

BHC

I know I’ll take a beating for this but I bought a Barnett Wildcat C6 2 years ago.I bought it during one of Dick’s flash sales for like $250. I have taken four deer with it and zero complaints. Sure there are better crossbows out there but for the price I paid it has performed flawlessly.

reading numerous negative comments about Barnett

A Barnett will kill a deer as good as any other crossbow just the same as a Mossberg will fill tags the same way a Remington will. It's bells and whistles you end up paying for.

Ford vs. Chevy

Duke vs. Victor

Yada, Yada, Yada

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

My step pop and I are more than pleased with our first gen parker tornado's. Can't beat the lifetime warranty.

Last year after owning for 7 years, his limbs started to seperate, took it to the dealer and in a week had it back with new limbs, only had to pay for labor.

Edited by Greg

I have a parker tornado, never had a problem with but at the same time i only use it late season so its not with me everyday. One word of advice Many say they’re a pain in the butt to carry but if you carry them with the limbs facing down and the butt stock up it’s a breeze it balances much better that way as long as you adjust your sling correctly. I also don’t lay it across my lap instead I put the stirrup down on the tree stand and let the butstock sit against my chest no cumbersome feeling there

Edited by maximus66

AWM

Scorpyd Deathstalker is a great bow.  I own the R15 and the DS and I pretty much like the DS nearly as much.  It is a xbow 100% designed for hunting.   It's very light, pretty tight axle to axle (not as good as the ravin but still good), it's spot on accurate, and it shoots 380 FPS.  It cost about 1/2 of the R15.  Scorpyd gives a lifetime warranty and great service.  

The main downsides I can think of are: (1) You can't de-cock the DS (which doesn't matter much to me) like the Ravin and (2) the safety is manual (you have to set it after cocking life a rifle).  

I've also owned Ten Point and Barnett bows.  Ten Point was great too.  The Barnett I had did have some accuracy issues.  In my opinion most crossbows are more than accurate enough at hunting ranges.  The main thing for me is getting them as light and as tight axle to axle as I can.  It makes a big difference in a tree stand.  

Based on your last thread about getting the itch, you know you need it to shoot well above 360 FPS or else the deer are going to hop over the arrow every time you shoot!   :rofl:

Edited by dlist777

Wasn't sure I was going to like the crossbow thing so I opted to go cheap for my first one and got the Centerpoint 370. It was 229 on Amazon. Its accurate, its quick, but I'm not crazy about the trigger. I was really leaning towards the Killer Instinct line because of the Triggertech trigger on the 370frt.  

I've had only two crossbows. My first one was a older Exaclibur (Vortex), liked that crossbow a lot and was very accurate. Liked the fact I could decock it and change the string myself if needed, but I hated how wide it was and the higher poundage. When I was ready for a new one I shot several different models but decided to get the Stryker "Offspring". Stryker owns Excalibur and I liked the fact that it was a combination of the two companies. It had a lower poundage (150 lbs), was a regular compound setup up but you could still decock it like a regular Excalibur, and it was very compact and quiet shooting. The only thing I can't do is change the string myself, which isn't a big deal to me.  Has been a very good crossbow so far with no problems.  Good luck in your search

Edited by Silver Belly62