IGNORED

Had the Smoker going all day today

Started up the smoker at 5;00am this morning. Did a whole chicken, Turkey breast, Pastrami and Beef Brisket. Started my prep work yesterday morning by dry rubbing the brisket and pastrami and wrapping in plastic wrap, then put in fridge till this morning. Then I took the chicken and turkey and put them in a brine solution till this morning. The first thing I did this morning at 4:00am was drain the turkey breast and whole chicken and rinsed under cold water. Next was pat dry and I injected a creole butter into both. Next step was to put oil on the skin and apply dry rub, then I put into a smoke net. While I was working on the poultry I took the pastrami and brisket out of the fridge to start coming up in temp, also started smoker to warm up. Then I placed everything in the smoker and raised the temp to 200 and kept it there with dampers wide open for 1 hour to dry meat. then I closed damper to 1/4" and started a heavy smoke for 1 hour at 250f. reduced the smoke and continued to smoke, the chicken and turkey breast took 5 1/2 hours till internal temp hit 170F the pastrami took 4 1/2 hours till internal temp hit 160F. Brisket is done with smoke but still needs 3 hours wrapped in aluminum at 250f to be done! When the pastrami, chicken and turkey were removed from the smoker I wrapped in aluminum foil and let rest for 1 hour now the pastrami is sliced and turkey and chicken are in fridge cooling. Here are some pics of the process and I'll and more as things get done!

turkey breast and whole chicken ready for smoker

IMG_0584_zpse7d16d53.jpg

brisket and pastrami ready for smoker

IMG_0585_zps3b21d7c3.jpg

first hour applied heavy smoke

IMG_0586_zps060e1c21.jpg

Pastrami done and sliced

IMG_0590_zpse3c26483.jpg

Chicken Done

IMG_0591_zpsdd7be78d.jpg

Turkey done

IMG_0592_zps62eba97d.jpg

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

Enjoy your posts. Always can grab a bit of info that I didn't know. Your never to old to learn, if only the children could realize learning is fun and functional.  But then again I always enjoyed history and still do. Just never made any $ off it, Yet. Ps. looks like you trimmed all the fat off that beef before smoking. Been thinking of doing turkey but never though of the netting. I have it but is it needed?

Edited by jerseyhunter

How did the brisket turn out? 

Brisket came out great for my first attempt at one. Sorry didn't take anymore pictures as once the brisket got finished I got a call to go somewhere so I quickly sliced it up and put in Homemade BBQ sauce and put in a tray. I'll bring everything but the chicken and pastrami out to my club on Thursday.The chicken was awesome and will be tonights dinner :up:

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller