BHC

Dodge Ram Recall

I have a '15 2500 hd with the Duramax, my favorite truck. I dont even think about buying a new truck. I haul tractors and equipment back and forth from the midwest. Its a work horse and a pleasure to drive. For a diesel, its very quiet and good mileage for a truck its size

Edited by tcook8296

Have always been a Ford man but kept an open mind and tried others.....my 89 f250 gas motor(351 Windsor) had over 600k when we finally laid her to rest. I tried Gmc in 97 with a 3500 dually diesel,truck literally fell apart at 125k.Went back to Ford after that and had 0 problems until diesel went to $5 gallon and I decided to go the Toyota route. My Tundra didn't last a year worst truck I ever owned back to dealer multiple times and their customer service was horrible.I literally got banned from the dealership because i asked to meet with the district manager.....needless to say never again. Ive been back to Ford ever since and my current 2013 F150 heavy duty has 86K flawless miles trailering up to 11K pounds or hauling 3K in the bed at least 2X a week for the past 2 years and still averages 15mpg.I did have a Dodge Sno Commander in 89 when they first fuel injected the 318 and that truck was a beast but you couldn't drink a cup of coffee in it unless it had 1k in the bed

what issues with the Tundra? I never heard/read anyone with many issues with any Toyota....

what issues with the Tundra? I never heard/read anyone with many issues with any Toyota....

Tremendous electrical problems that they never could fix or identify for that matter and the trailering capabilities were nowhere near what they said they were...The braking system was a joke if you trailered or hauled anything that had some weight to it.....The truck did ride nice though but thats not why I buy a truck

Tremendous electrical problems that they never could fix or identify for that matter and the trailering capabilities were nowhere near what they said they were...The braking system was a joke if you trailered or hauled anything that had some weight to it.....The truck did ride nice though but thats not why I buy a truck

But I seen it pulling the space shuttle

I have a 2013 Ram1500 Laramie, love this truck, its the smoothest driving vehicle we own. I have a new Yukon Denali that drives like a bucket of bolts compared to the Ram. The f150 in this pic is my hunting truck for the farm, it has 132k on it. The picture below is what the block looks like after it blew a rod on me last month. 4 days earlier it blew a spark plug. That was my only experience with a ford truck, and I’m not to impressed. I have to admit, the Ram has been back to the dealer a few times for recalls, a manifold leak, blown front shocks, replaced the steering shaft, but I’ve been very rough on it around the farm and it has 110k on it already.

DB49739F-9A00-466B-86B1-020F09EEA6F3.jpeg

83320B23-8C17-4D87-A24D-DFCF609932CF.jpeg

Under lemon law did you get your money or partial amount back?

I went to corporate Toyota and received 0 help....I gave the truck away for what I owed on it...Maybe not the smartest financial move I ever made but I wanted nothing to do with that POS.....

I got one of them shitty Toyota Tundras, Damn thing needs gas at least once a week and every 4000 miles i got to do a oil change. Next ill probably need friggn tires!

My 2010 Tundra is excellent....one recall it was something stupid....Maybe it was the floormat or something like that. Just did breaks and tires

I use my trucks for work....they just don't cut it.....as far as an every day driver Im sure they are fine...Like I said it rode nice....

It's messed up you had issues it's worst that they didn't back you up and the truck

It's messed up you had issues it's worst that they didn't back you up and the truck

Exactly.....Nobody makes a perfect truck but Ford has handled any issue I had quickly with the least amount of down time and with no expense to me....Toyota even made me pay for their so called repairs

I never owned a Dodge but I respect their engines. It’s everything else you have to worry about. I owned a Duramax and loved it but I couldn’t keep up with the rust otherwise an awesome truck. Just bought a 17 powerstroke and I love it. Just have to see how it holds up. Mitsubishi Toyota and Nissan probably make nice trucks too but since my grandfather fought in WW2 I don’t really acknowledge them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many Toyota’s

Are assembled in the USA. My cousins Ford assembled in Mexico

Edited by Buckeyes11
  • Agree 3

My '03 Ram 2500 has about 160k still runs good, changed lots of parts along the years .Use it mainly for plowing and hunting now. Also have a 2013 ram 1500 with 50k  that's been very good .Does not have the dial shifter which Im glad ,that thing looks scary . 

Edited by Max

Many Toyota’s

Are assembled in the USA. My cousins Ford assembled in Mexico

I can’t believe it took 43 replies to finally hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk