IGNORED

Handgun Safes

Tarhunt

I'm thinking about purchasing one to keep in my bedroom. Does anyone here have one or recommend one? I've checked out some on Midway USA and they really vary in price and quality. Thanks.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

• 1 year later...

Just tuck it under your pillow. I'm sure the Tooth Fairy will leave it be

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I have a biometric safe for my pistol. It works 90% of the time. If you hands sweaty it doesnt work, if you dont place your finger right it wont open. The plus is it can learn my wifes print also. In a dangerous situation the intruder should hope it opens because im a worse shot with a pistol than a rifle and thats what my backup is.:mg:

i was looking into one, must read up on them and sort through reviews. Some will have time delays if wrong code is punched, some sometimes read your print, as mattg said some wont work if sweaty, way to many variables for something you may just not get to in time anyways.  Soem safes can just be pry barred off and walked away with. I went with a standard sentry fire safe bolted to the floor out of sight. Ball bat in corner of room is alot quicker to get to and in cqb not ideal but will work.

9 hours ago, BillW0323 said:

A buddy of mine gave me this as a gift when I bought my first house.  I  used to have it sitting on my dresser. But now that I have two young ones I have it up on the shelf inside my closet. 

679AB613-2D95-4638-80F0-28A37E05FD0A.jpeg

AE0AAA44-C1E6-455C-804D-48401CF757EE.jpeg

That's not bad I don't believe in hand gun safes I own hand guns for one reason and god forbid I ever need it I want to be able to get it. I have one in every room in my home including two of my three bathrooms.my kids grew up as I did with loaded guns in the home. A unloaded or locked up gun is not gonna save no one.