IGNORED

Rainy day Smoking

Fired up the smoker this morning and smoked the 6 brown trout I caught Monday. Next i put in a boned out leg of lamb that will be tonight's dinner. The trout I brined since Monday in a brine consisting of 1 cup salt 1/2 cup Morton's tender quick as the cure and for flavor 2 cups of dark brown sugar.. This was added to 1 gallon of water and brined for 6 days.Smoked fish at 125F for 3 hours using mesquite

I picked all the meat off the finished fish and will make my smoked trout spread tomorrow. Next I boned out and butterflied a leg of lamb. Put in a plastic container and poured a marinade of olive oil, red wine, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper. I let it marinade for 4 hours while the fish smoked. Took out of marinade and put into a sock and into the smoker. It will smoke at 275f for 5 hours or until core temp reaches 165f. Smoking with mix of cherry, mesquite, and hickory for more complex taste.

Trout in the smoker

IMG_0576_zps9db42b7e.jpg

Trout done

IMG_0578_zps322e3789.jpg

Trout meat for spread

IMG_0580_zpsa3535e30.jpg

Leg of lamb buterflied and marinade poured over it

IMG_0577_zps3bee79f3.jpg

Put into sock and ready for smoker

IMG_0581_zps3694d0b3.jpg

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller