IGNORED

DWGNRA-No Cover !

Mink

I know the idea with the new allocation of released pheasants was to spread the birds out for safety reasons makes sense and the DWGNRA has plenty of acres to get the job done, but there is very little cover where they release the birds. Being that this is Federal Land I wonder if Fish and Game has the authority to improve the habitat there? With the right habitat this area could be a mecca for the upland hunter!

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege 

What part of the GAP are you hunting? I hunt on 40 private acres that borders the GAP, and I hear plenty of shooting, and if I leave early and take a ride I see hunters with birds. This morning the ORANGE ARMY was out in full force and saw hunters with birds.

The whole Jersey side of the river is great cover and hold a lot of game if you put your time in. The guy who used to plant most of the upper end with corn passed away two years ago. This past season someone filled the gap planting soy beans. The fields he left up are great cover, you would think those beans are sparse but not so. They hold any number of birds.

I was thinking more along the lines of switch grass, big bluestem, etc.! One group of hunters through a soybean field pretty much pushes all the birds out of that field, it just doesn't hold birds for long. They have been putting a lot of birds there for sure, I just would like to see more traditional type pheasant cover. 

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege