IGNORED

Warm clothes

toxo

I know many will disagree but, there isn't a jacket made on this planet that is worth 500 bucks. The two biggest keys to keeping warm are moisture control and wind mitigation. If you layer properly you can get away with a minimal outer layer depending on your stress/work  level. That being said, with all the technology in clothing to this day nothing man made has been able to duplicate wool/wool fiber.

I think WITHOUT A DOUBT they are worth it! I have the Sitka gear incinerator jacket & bib....i bought in 2013 and it is light weight, comfortable, waterproof & very warm. I wear either smart wool base layers or ulfrotte wool power base layers....nothing better

Edited by nmc02

I know many will disagree but, there isn't a jacket made on this planet that is worth 500 bucks. The two biggest keys to keeping warm are moisture control and wind mitigation. If you layer properly you can get away with a minimal outer layer depending on your stress/work  level. That being said, with all the technology in clothing to this day nothing man made has been able to duplicate wool/wool fiber.

Layering is really no longer necessary if you buy the right stuff. I use cabela's Wooltimate Parka and Bibs and there is no wind and cold that can penetrate this material. With single digits and wind blowing all I have underneath is one layer of Underarmour and sometimes a very light fleece. (I put a fleece on because it is too hot to walk around with the Parka on and too cold in just underarmour.  No longer I have to look and feel like a 600lb man, with multiple layers of clothing, just to stay warm . Now my feet is another story :shock:

Edited by Lunatic

Here is what I am using and I promise you with just one additional layer underneath it is impossible to be cold:

Cabela's Stand Hunter Extreme Bibs – Regular - $269 I think its on sale right now for $230

http://www.cabelas.com/product/clothing/mens-hunting-clothing/mens-hunting-cold-weather-camo-clothing/mens-cold-weather-camo-bib-coveralls/pc/104797080/c/104748480/sc/104274180/i/104048280/cabelas-stand-hunter-extreme-bibs-regular/750919.uts?slotId=5

Cabela's Stand Hunter Extreme Parka – Regular - $299

http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-stand-hunter-extreme-parka-150-regular/750917.uts?WT.ac=RI-750917&WT.z_pg_ref=prd750919

Edited by Lunatic

Couldn't agree more

I purchased mine from Day One Camouflage.  Look at them or Gray Wolf Woolens.  You design your garments in side and out, top to bottom and then they are custom made to fit your dimensions.  It's like having a suit tailored that fits you perfectly.  No more expensive than Sitka or the other brands.  

Also, layering is ALWAYS important.  Be sure to have the right things underneath as well. 

Edited by not on the rug