Westfield Redneck

Lumenock Issue?

Ok so for the 2nd time this season I missed last night! I go to the range and I'm dead on. Maybe it's the jitters I don't know but what has happened these past 2 times is that the lumenock's I had put in by a large NNJ bow shop popped out after my arrow hit the dirt. To make myself feel better I'm saying it must be something with the lumenock's but last thing I want to do it injure and not recover an animal. I'm not new to bow hunting I've been at it more on than off for 30 years!

My question is do I just suck and go back to my x-bow or try without lumenock's and see how it goes? It just seems odd and weird they would pop out.

Ok so for the 2nd time this season I missed last night! I go to the range and I'm dead on. Maybe it's the jitters I don't know but what has happened these past 2 times is that the lumenock's I had put in by a large NNJ bow shop popped out after my arrow hit the dirt. To make myself feel better I'm saying it must be something with the lumenock's but last thing I want to do it injure and not recover an animal. I'm not new to bow hunting I've been at it more on than off for 30 years!

My question is do I just suck and go back to my x-bow or try without lumenock's and see how it goes? It just seems odd and weird they would pop out.

Yikes.

That's the fault of the bow shop you're going to, NOT the fault of Lumenocks.  

The place you're going to (that's actually charging you for this poor service) is taking out too much material on the install. 

That's the only possible answer, as the Lumenok should NOT be capable of leaving the arrow.  I like Lumenocks so much that I've installed them not just on my hunting arrows, but on all my practice arrows as well, and what you're describing has never happened to me; not even once.   Definitely that shop is screwing up your nocks.

• Agree 1

If you think the issue is with the lumenok than get rid of the lumenok. People have been killing deer for a long time without lighted nocks.

Make sure you have the right size nock for the arrow you are shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

I highly doubt the shop installing them are taking any material off anything..

Either they grabbed the wrong package or they don't make one that fits your particular arrow. If the package says theybfir your arrow then i would blame luminock for poor fit.

What arrow and what luminocks are you shooting?

Further more...

If the nock is very loose, shim it..

Very common to take a plastic bag, place it over the back of the arrow, then install the nock to snug the fit a tad.

If it's not loose then it's blowing out on impact which has happened to probably everyone once in awhile.. usually when hitting something very hard or if the insert isn't fully seated against the shaft when glued in, it will shoot the nock out the back from air buildup in the shaft.

I would say if you shoot targets fine then it's you. I've shot many different brands of lighted nocks and never had an issue with flight differences..

I would also recommend next time to buy nocturnal nocks.. by best the best option I've found for lighted nocks and they are very snug fit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

:agree: Like Jay, only lighted nocks we use on our compounds are Nocturnals. Snug fit, never had an issue coming out unless I took them out to change one...